Adonis and Atticus: Snippet 8

"You know, I never would have thought you would be one to betray me," the robot Overlord said.

"Why are you here?" Adonis asked pressing a button on his arm turning it into a gun.

"I could ask you the same thing," scoffed the Overlord.

"How did you find me?" Adonis asked taking a few menacing steps forward.

"That is not of your concern.  Right now, if I were you, I would be concerned about this. . . thing," she spat out in disgust.

"Leave him out of this.  It's me you're after," Adonis growled out his eye turning red in anger.

"How touching," the Overlord said in a monotone, "To bad I don't care."  Adonis jumped forward to tackle the Overlord to free Atticus.  Gunshots went off, and Atticus slumped to the ground clutching his arm.  He grunted in pain while he reached for his walkie talkie to request backup.

"Don't ever go near him!" Adonis yelled firing at the Overlord.  Two shots pierced his metal plating and oil spilled out.  The Overlord kicked Adonis aiming to take fire at Atticus again.  As the trigger was pulled, Adonis let out a battle cry and tackled the Overlord pinning him to the ground.  The bullet pierced Atticus' leg wounding him farther.

At this point, Atticus was losing consciousness from blood loss and was trying his hardest to communicate with other members of the Resistance.  All he heard through the walkie talkie was screams which could only mean one thing:  more robots were here.  He tried Morse code and hoped for the best.

Luckily, his prayers were answered as three members came out in the field to come rescue him.

"Atticus, not to alarm you or anything but this doesn't look good," one of them said.

"S'okay," he muttered trying to keep his eyes open.  As they hurried to get medical attention, Atticus saw the remains of multiple robots strewn about on the ground.  They carried him into the makeshift hospital and hooked him up to the necessary things before going get the medics.

A blood curdling scream pierced through the air as a young woman was brought in covered in blood.  For some reason, Atticus found her familiar.  And then it clicked.

"Mama!" he screamed before his vision went black and his heart monitor went crazy.

***

Author's Note:  Sorry for not updating Can You Remember? on Sunday.  I had to catch up on a lot of school work, so I didn't have time to write it.  I plan to update CYR? and It Started As a Deal on this coming Sunday.  Also, this is the second to last A & A, and my birthday is Saturday!  As always, I love you all!

~jnicoleb1234 out!