Flying hearts

Twilight excused her self from the lunch table, leaving her friends with puzzled looks.
"Where the hay you goin' twi?" Applejack asked.
"She's having flying lessons with the guard she has a crush on!" Rainbow cracked up laughing as she flew above.
"Rainbow dash! I think it is amazing that twilight in love!" Rarity stated.
"I'm not in love with him." Twilight lied. She knew deep down she loved him. But element was Magic, not honesty. And besides, she didn't want all of canterlot to know.
Twilight teleported several times to get to the courtyard. Flash was there waiting with a blue Pegasus stallion and a bunch of crash pads and bales of hay. As twilight got a better look at the stallion, she realized it was Soarin from the wonder bolts.
"Hi twilight, this is my best friend Soarin. He is here to help me with you flying lessons." Flash said.
"Oh yeah the wonder bolt twilight said."
"We are training royalty? Wait are you rainbow Dash's friend?" Soarin asked sheepishly.
"Yeah why?" She said as Soarin blushed.
"Soarin kinda has a crush on rainbow dash." Flash whispered.
"Could you give her this pie? I made it just for her." Soarin blushed again.
"Why don't you take it to her?" Twilight giggled. "I can tell you where she is"
After Soarin flew off to find rainbow, flash got a helmet and strapped it on twilight.
"Alright, I assume you know the #1843 midair corkscrew vault?" Flash said looking at a clipboard as twilight knodded. Honestly she didn't really know that move well. She had been so excited for lessons she read the flying handbook all the way through. Twice in one night.
In an effort to impress flash twilight got into flying position at the highest point over the soft green grass of the courtyard. Jumping, she focused on the first step, the corkscrew. In what seemed like slow motion, twilight's wing scratched against a thorn from a rose bush vine climbing up the side of the tower from which she had jumped.
She felt her wings go numb as her head spiraled into confusion.
"HELP!!!!!!" Twilight yelled despratley. She felt a soft grip on her before the world went black.
Darkness was all she could see. Then a giant shadow with glowing eyes rose above her causing her to scream but no sound came out. Her legs were paralyzed, unable to run. The shadow was beginning to engulf her now.
"No!"
"NO! AHH!!" Twilight screamed waving her arms frantically as she went into a cold sweat.
"Twilight are you ok?!" Pinkie said.
"We were so worried" Fluttershy whispered in her regular tone.
Twilight looked around. She was in her suite, in her bed. Surrounded by her friends and flash sentry.
"What happened" said twilight rubbing her head.
"Well you fell durring practice, flash caught you as you passed out..." Rainbow babbled on and on.
Flash caught her?!
She passed out?!
And that nightmare...
Not important right now, twilight thought. But a nagging feeling told her that the nightmare was only beginning.