Twelve

jade
noun
a light bluish-green
-----------------------

Luke shoved down the last piece of toast he was eating when he realized he was going to be late for his morning class.

He hadn't been late for a class since freshman year of high school. Luke definitely didn't want to start now. Especially with college. Even if it was different and you could go by your own terms, he didn't want to risk it. That's not something he's used to doing.

"Fucking shoe, go on my foot!" Luke muttered under his breath. He crammed his foot into his shoe and didn't even bother with tying them, just shoving the laces to the sides of the shoe.

Luke grabbed his backpack with all his textbooks needed for his classes today. He was in a rush, but he still made it a point to make sure all his homework was neatly in a folder. By the time he made sure he was good, he made the mistake of looking at the clock again. His eyes widened, scrambling out the door and locking it.

Luke took one look at the elevator and saw the out of order sign, grumbling and spewing words his mother would ground him for the rest of his life for.

His head was pounding and the last thing he wanted was to run down seven flights of stairs when he was already late. It stressed him out even more than necessary.

Luke took a deep breath and began to sprint down the stairs, taking them two at a time. He had no time to waste. "Why me? I'm a good person." Luke whined, talking to himself about his problems. He bounded down the stairwell and into the next floors hallway to take him to the set of steps to take him down.

His body seemed to give out, tripping over the flat surface beneath his feet. Luke stumbled over, backpack flying off his shoulders and spilling open. He was having the worst day of his life.

Luke didn't notice the boy standing in the hallway, didn't seem to realize he saw the whole thing happen. All he noticed was petite hand reaching out to help him off the dusty floor.

Luke looked up at the boys face, his eyes, once he was standing and it felt like his world suddenly stopped.

His head stopped pounding.

He felt a strange warmth spread through his body, making his cheeks heat up and flush.

The world around him started to vividly change.

Green, green, green. Was the only word chanting in his head. Was the only thing he could see.

Luke took notice of everything around him. The specific color swiftly swirling into hues of the most beautiful color.

After a moment of taking everything in, it was as if on cue, a gasp left both boys lips and they stared at each other with wide eyes and mouths agape.

////

oKAY I know this is kinda the same but it's really not. I just felt like Luke pov of the situation was necessary because they both felt differently.

Next chapter will have them actually communicating