Eight

tiffany blue
noun
a light medium robin egg blue
------------------------------------

Michael sat inside a coffee shop that was bustling with people. They came in to get a drink and left as soon as they received it. Michael didn't understand how most new yorkers he's come across never seem to rest. Never seem to sit down and enjoy their food and watch what's happening around them.

Michael took a sip of his latte and looked out the window of the cafe he was in. He could see the centre of Central Park from his seat and it reminded him that he needs to go there soon and explore. Preferably before winter hits.

The sound of his phone ringing pulled him from his thoughts. Looking at the caller ID he smiled. "Hi mom!"

"Hi sweetie. Have you been settling in well? How's school? I haven't heard much from you recently."

"I'm good, my apartment still needs a bit of tlc." Michael chuckled, picking up his drink and swirling it around before taking a sip. "Classes are okay. My professors are nice, their favorite thing is to give us homework, but I really love the atmosphere here more than anything. It's astonishing, breathtaking really."

"That's good to here. It'll help me and your dad sleep better at night knowing our baby is safe and enjoying life. Have you made any friends?" Michael heard the hopefulness in her voice, knowing she'll be disappointed that it's been over a month of living here and no one has made any effort to keep a conversation with him. He's just the boy that can't see color yet, that hasn't met his soulmate yet. It's like high school all over again.

"Um, not yet." Michael said solemnly. "I haven't had much of a...chance." He lied, knowing she'll worry even more about him. "You know, lots of homework... Not much down time."

"Hopefully you find some time. I don't want you to be lonely up there." Michael shrunk down into his seat, stirring the rest of latte that no longer seemed appetizing. Michael talked with his mom for a few more minutes before he told her he had to go.

Michael starred out the window for a few more minutes when he was suddenly hit with a wave of a pain in his head, making his head throb with an unbearable pain and then passing as if it never happened. What really freaked Michael out was the sudden spots–of what could be color–in his vision, making his jump out of his seat and stare at the blank wall in front of him, blinking rapidly as they faded away. He didn't know what was happening.

Michael left the small cafe after that happened, rushing down the busy streets of New York at rush hour in hopes of getting home incase something else happens like that again.

////

hello hi yo
how are you guys?

let me know your thoughts/theories. (-:

thanks for reading 😘