Six

Baby Blue
noun
a pale shade of blue
------------------------

"Thanks for helping me settle in."

Calum answered with giving his best friend a long tight hug, resulting in Ashton having to pry them away from one another before one started to cry. This is the first time in ten years that they won't see each other every day, won't have endless study sessions, sleepovers, and having the other always there constantly nagging about how there's no food.

It's always been MichaelandCalum friends till the end. Even when Calum met Ashton and his world finally started to fall in place, Michael was still a main priority in his daily routine. Because finding your soulmate didn't mean leaving your friends behind, it meant letting them in on this newfound adventure called life.

"You've talked about getting out of that town for years. Now look at you," Calum gestured to the apartment and the floor-to-ceiling windows looking over the beautiful cityscape of New York City. "You're in the place you've dreamed about. You're going to NYU, you're getting to live the life you've always wanted."

"The only thing that's missing is you guys..." Michael sighed, he looked around his small one bedroom apartment. He looked at the small amount of furniture scattered about. "How am I supposed to get through the week without your constant reassurance that everything will be okay?" Michael laughed to cover up the tears threatening to spill. It was all hitting Michael at once and he was getting choked up about not seeing his best friend for long periods of time.

"I'll always be a phone call away. Few hours drive. You'll have to come visit, okay?" Michael nodded, wiping away a few stray tears that managed to fall. Calum pulled Michael in for another hug, before Ashton pushed his way through and hugged Michael goodbye. "Don't be a stranger." Ashton mumbled, giving him one last squeeze.

"I don't think that'll be a problem. You'll probably get a phone call in the next hour." Michael shrugged, a small smile creeping its way onto his face and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I have a good feeling." Calum blurted out, they were getting ready to leave. Calum was leaving against the doorframe and had a thoughtful look on his face.

"What?" Michael asked, confused by his words.

"I have a feeling this is where you'll find the one."

////

sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. I've just been busy with thanksgiving and trying to go out and spend time with some friends, even though I'm exhausted beyond belief.

Thanks for reading!!! ❤️