Newt Comes to The Glade

Summary: You're one of the very first people to be sent by the creators. Another boy is sent up. His name is Newt.

(Author's Note: I have switched it up a bit so that a girl was one of the first people to arrive to the maze.)

You've been living in The Glade for a month or two now. And so far it's only you and a couple other boys.

You all had come to the Glade the same way; sent up by a metal box, had no memory of anything but your name, and a few supplies were with you in the metal box.

Alby seemed to be your leader; he was the first person to be sent to the maze after all. So far, it seems to be that only boys are being sent to the Maze every month. There's no other girl but you, which makes you even more confused as to your situation. But for now, all your thoughts were on surviving and wondering when the next Greenie is coming.

"Hey, Shuckface," Alby said coming up to you as you were chopping some wood.

"Hey," you mumbled being cautious as to not chop off your hand.

"Guess what?"
"What?
"It's that time of the month!"
"You're on your man period?"
"No." Alby frowned and groaned. "Shut up! That was only one time; and we never speak of it again." You smirked remembering what had happened.

"What time of the month is it?" You inquired.
"We're getting a-" Alby was cut off by an alarm. The alarm that sounded off that a new Greenie was coming. "Person." Alby finished his sentence.

You and the other Gladers gathered around the box wondering who the new victim to this entire thing is.

As the box opened, it showed to be a boy with dirty blonde hair. He looked down, than up squinting as his eyes adjusted to the sun.

You felt some sort strange and unknown feeling as you looked down examining the boy. You extended your hand out to him as a sign to take it and climb out of the box, but he just stared at you.

"Well, shuckface? You gonna take my hand or what?" You asked a bit of attitude in your voice.

Hesitantly, he gripped your hand and climbed out.

"Where the bloody hell am I?" The boy asked taking in his surroundings. The minute he spoke you knew he was different. Maybe it was because his accent, but that's beside the point. Or maybe it is the point. You just knew he was different.

"Welcome to the Glade," Alby said stepping back and outstretching his arms.

"What the bloody heck is a 'Glade'?" The shank asked narrowing his eyes at Alby.

"Well greenie," you patted him on the back. "It's gonna be your new home. I'm y/n. Do you know who you are? What your name is? Remember anything weird or anything at all?" Looking down at the ground, the shank slowly shook his head no.

"No, I... All I know is that my name is Newt," Newt said glancing up at you.

"Newt," you tested to see how his name rolled off your tongue. "Interesting name. So you don't remember anything?"

"No. All I know is that I came here a few minutes ago."

"Your voice is different. You have some sort of accent... I like it." You stated.

"Thank you?" Newt scratched the back of his head.

"I think we're gonna be great friends," you said winking at Newt. You took a step back and overlooked him. He was cute; lanky, thin, but with muscle. Not to mention his accent made you want to melt, it was absolutely adorable! "Well greenie, let's get you situated here."

You and Newt became very close afterwards. New people came and some people went (the maze is a difficult and sad thing), but you and Newt always stayed close no matter what.

At some point, Newt began to call you "love" and this just made little butterflies every time he called you this. After spending so much time with him, you began to develop some feelings for Newt. It was strange and weird, but you liked to have these feelings. Newt made you feel safe and comfortable and you loved that.

All the other Gladers always bagged on you and Newt saying that you guys should just get together already. It was different one night, though.
~•~•~•~•~
Sitting against a log looking up at the sky one night, you were drinking one of the Gally's secret recipe. How long had you been in the Glade, and how much longer were you going to be there?

Suddenly, you felt a presence right next to you. You didn't have to look beside you to know that it was Newt.

He put an arm around you, as he always does and said, "The sky looks as dark as my soul."

Okay he didn't say that. It would have been great, but untrue because at some point it's come to known that Newt is a fluffy little man.

But Newt did put an arm around you and you both just sat there staring at the sky as you usually did once every week. It was a great time to just sit and think.

You were so caught up in wondering about how long you had been in the Glade that you didn't even notice the fact that Newt had scooted fairly close to you.

Turning to look at him, you were surprised to see that he was already looking at you. Smiling, you took your fingers and pointed the corners of Newt's mouth upwards.

"You frown a lot." This statement made Newt smile and laugh which made you giggle.

"Y/n..." Newt said. "I- I think that I..." He was stuttering which he only did when he was extremely nervous.

"What? You want to become a runner now?" You asked jokingly while raising an eyebrow.

"No, I.." Newt looked down. "I think..." He looked back up at you. Without finishing his sentence, he leaned in closer to you and kissed you.

Surprised, you didn't know how to react and by the time you had processed what was happening, Newt was already pulling away.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. I just got caught up and I'm sorry, I'll go," Newt said standing up and turning to leave.

Before he actually did leave though, you grabbed his arm and pulled him back down, cupping his face and kissing him. This time it was his turn to be surprised, but he eventually began to kiss back.

You could hear the other Gladers in the background whistling and telling you both to get a room, or that it was finally time that someone did something.

Author's note: Thanks so much for reading! I hope that this imagine wasn't too long or boring. Sorry I'm writing this at 12:30 AM because I thought of this idea and wanted to immediately write.
Thank you though, and please comment, vote, add to your library list or etc.

Thank you, lovelies!
-Maddy, xx