Confessions; part 2

Jhené

When I woke up it was nighttime. I felt like complete shit; like how I used to feel. I put my clothes back on and headed downstairs and saw Nicki all hugged up on Meek. I didn't even wanna say hi. I just left without making any eye contact but I could still see them staring at me out of the corner of my eye. I got in my car a drove home. When I got inside Chris was staring at the tv but it wasn't on.

"Where you was at?"

I rolled my eyes. "Why? You don't trust me?"

"It ain't bout that. It's bout the fact that you just fuckin left and ain't call or nothin and you been gone for the whole damn day. You ain't even leave no note. Just nothin."

"So the fuck what?! I'm fuckin grown nigga."

He looked up at me stunned. "Listen I don't know what's goin on with you but if you need to talk--"

"I did enough of that today."

"With who? Cole?"

"I was with Nicki. The whole day. You good now?"

"You not lyin to me right?"

"No Chris."

He pulled me down on his lap and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Good. I can't stand no cheatin bitch."

But it's okay for him to do it right. Man whatever. I just hugged him. I'm really trying not to be bad but this shit ain't workin.

"It's still early. You wanna go out to eat or somethin?"

"For what?"

"Didn't you want to talk to me about what happened that night?"

"Oh yeah. Yeah we can go. Just let me get ready first."

"Aight."

I slowly walked upstairs thinking about what I did. But I was thinking more about why I felt no guilt at all.

I came downstairs and he stood up and stared at me. It made me look down and start blushing.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I kept smiling.

"Aight lets go."

We went out the door.

Chris

We drove to the restaurant in a comfortable silence. Damn she really was beautiful. Lookin back I don't even know why I was cheatin on her. She's really amazing and she wouldn't do no shit like that to me. I pulled in to the lot and gave the valet my keys and $20. This was a nice quiet restaurant so we ain't really had to worry bout no paparazzi. The maitre d seated us and we both had a glass of champagne.

"So you gonna start talking?"

"Yeah. What you wanna know?"

"Everything. And be honest. I don't want know fuckin lies."

"Aight man. And you need to stop getting so close to Nicki cuz your mouth is getting filthiest by the second."

She chuckled and I smiled at her.

"Well first off.. Before we started seeing each other  I was fuckin wit this girl. Her name is Nia. She was a hoe tho so I wasn't in love with her or anything. She was just something I smashed from time to time."

"Were you sleeping with her while we were together."

"The night of our first date. I slept with her."

"Wait. What?" She put her hand up. Here it comes. "You fucked someone else on the night of our first date but you got all fuckin pissed at me when I gave Jermaine a simple friendly kiss?Nigga what the fuck! You was ready to kill me and him yet you was fuckin some raggedy hoe! Wow!"

"Jhené lower your voice." People were lookin at us.

She sat back and started mumbling.

"You want me to keep going?"

"Go ahead." She rolled her eyes at me.

I don't wanna piss her off anymore than she already is.

"Well she called me that day and she was tellin me shit like Imma regret cuttin her off and I ain't know what she was talkin bout. Then she told me.."

I stopped. I was scared as shit right now. This Jhené seemed to have a fuckin temper problem.

"She told you what?!"

"She told me she was gonna kill herself. That's why she was in the hospital. But it's all good now cuz she left town with her new man. So it's nothing but you and me now baby. She wasn't even important. You ain't gotta worry bout her."

"Fuck it. I never was. Just don't lie to me no more alright. Promise?"

"Alright I promise."

I called a waiter over to our table do we could order.

At least I didn't lie to her. I really just omitted.