Chapter Three

His Royal Mate-

Chapter three-

Everette arrived in the town with sense of fear, around an hour ago he had started feeling rather ill, as if something he had been dreading was about to happen. Everette found himself stumbling over his feet in an attempt to make it out of the airport.

All around him local photographers stood, hoping to get a picture. The people, it was fair to say, were rather fond of their king. They liked the way his decision was final, the way he isolated himself from his personal life in order to rule to the best of his ability. However recently the public had become worried for their king, the fact that he couldn't find his mate was slowly killing him. And so the hunt for the king's mate had become a rather public affair.

Everette was not at all fond of this idea, he preferred his private life to be kept separate from his role to the public.

"Everette look over here, smile!"

"Your majesty, how do you feel about taking the longest time a royal has, to find their mate?"

"Everette, do you swing both ways?"

Everette hated this part of his trips, he was happy because his mate knew he was trying to find her, however when it came to dealing with the public, he hated it.

The pain and fear in his stomach grew as he pushed his way through the people, bodyguards shielding his eyes and body.

Everette's breathing sped up, his heart rate increased and he could feel his vision getting darker. Everette felt his hands start to go limp, his arms started shaking and a searing pain went through his heart and head.

Everette's muscles slowly ripped an hair appeared on his hands as he turned into his beast, running, running to stop the pain.

~~~

Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight, the phycological reaction that occurs when living things are faced with danger. It's beloved to be the origin of human anxiety, the natural reaction of fear. Occurring in the seconds you have before deciding, whether to run or attack, you freeze, muscles tense, badder relaxed, heartbeat racing.

Alex was faced with this decision, wondering whether to fight or flight.

Whether to confront his worst fear or run from it, hide from it.

Alex's heart told him to run, Alex's head told him they were supernatural and would outrun him in less than a second. Alex's heart told him to do anything he could to avoid being caught, Alex's head told him anything he could do the supernatural could do better.

Between Alex and the place he had called home for his entire life, was less than fifty metres, decreasing with ever step that Alex took. Alex had tried stopping however it was clear that was not an option. Alex soon realised one of the guards had taken control of his body, making it impossible to flee.

Alex's older sister, carrie, taught Alex all he needed to know, when confronted by a supernatural, she taught him how to make it a fair fight, how to dilute their powers until it remains a fist fight.

Carrie was part of a revolution group, a group whose only focus was to get humans back into power or at least have some say over what happens to them. Except three years ago ,when all those within revolution groups were executed, including Carrie.

She was the only one of Alex's siblings to whom he felt remorse when she died, when the others received letters on their eighteenth birthdays, Alex didn't care. He could remember when they got the note in the mail, nothing official, no death certificate, no body. Only a quickly scribbled down note giving her name, the family registration number and the name of the group she gave her life to.