Chapter Nine

I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling when there was a knock on my door. “Come on in.” I called. I sat up in just enough time to see Cassy, Emie, and Emily all walk in my room. I looked at them, confused as to what was going on. “I’m sorry!” I cried. “What? What are you sorry for?” Emie asked. “Anything! Everything! Whatever I did, I’m sorry!” I cried. “You didn’t do anything.” Cassy said. “I didn’t?” I asked. Cassy shook her head. “Oh… it’s just, when a group of girls all gang up on me usually I did something wrong” I said. “The most common thing being exist.” “Aw Nicole!” Emily cried. “It’s okay. We like having you around. We’re glad you exist.” Emie and Cassy nodded in agreement. I shrugged and looked at the floor.

            “What can I do for you?” I asked, still staring at the floor. “We’re here to help you.” Cassy told me. I looked up. “What?” I asked. “Your date.” Emily said. “What?” I asked again. Emie sat down on the bed next to me. “Your date with Connor. We’re here to help you get ready for it.” “How did you even know about it?” I asked. “Emie overheard Chris talking to Connor about it on the phone.” Cassy said. “And you and Emily?” I asked. “Riley.” They said together. I rolled my eyes and laid back down on my bed. “Are you decent?” Connor asked. “No.” I said. “But I need to talk to you.” He said. I laughed. “Come on in, Connor.” I said. He slowly opened the door and walked in my room with his hands covering his eyes. I got up and put my hands on top of his and pulled his down. Connor looked at me and blushed. “You’re so gullible.” I said. “We’ll leave you two alone to talk.” Emie said, starting to leave. “No, it’s fine. I have to go get ready too” Connor said.

            He turned his attention back to me. “I know you don’t have much to wear, but you need to dress up.” “Connor!” I cried. “I don’t have any dresses or skirts! I don’t even have any skorts!” “Maybe not, but you have three lovely ladies standing right behind you who all do. You also have Abbie, so you can call her if you have to.” Connor said. I sighed. “Okay, I’ll find something.” I said. “Good.” Connor smiled. “I can't wait.” He said. Connor walked out of my room and shut the door behind him and I plopped back down on my bed. “I have nothing to wear.” I said. I sat up. “I never thought I would ever heard those words come out of my own mouth.” “Don’t worry, we have dresses.” Emie said. “Here?” I asked. Emily nodded. “Each of us brought three. We just put them in the car when Emie came to pick us up. We figured you could choose which one you like best.”

            “How tall are you?” Cassy asked. “About 5’2” I said. “So you’re closest to Emily’s height” Emie said. “We’ll be right back.” She and Emily left the room leaving me alone with Cassy. “So how did you and Connor meet?” She asked. “I would rather not say…” I said. “That’s okay; you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Cassy said, smiling warmly. My phone went off and I looked down at it.

You stupid bitch, get your ass back home. I will fucking find you and I will fucking kill you. I fucking warned you! You good for nothing little bitch. I swear if you don’t get back home I will kill you! I will kill you just like I did your bitch of a mother! But this time, ain’t nobody gonna be around to know!

            My heartbeat was speeding up and my breathing got heavier. “CONNOR!” Cassy yelled out the door. “CONNOR, COME QUICK!” Connor came running into the room in a panic. “WHAT? WHAT’S WRONG?” Connor cried. I guess he was in the middle of getting ready because he was shirtless and only half of his hair was brushed. “Nicole!” Cassy cried. She pointed to me on the bed where I sat hyperventilating. “Oh no” Connor said. “Cassy, could you give us a minute?” he asked. Cassy nodded and left the room, shutting the door behind her. “Nicole, what happened?” Connor asked, sitting down on the bed next to me. I handed him my phone and he read the text before placing my phone on the table next to the bed. Connor put his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.