Chapter Eighteen

“SHOPPING!” Emily yelled, her voice echoing through the penthouse. “EMILY BE QUIET!” Emie yelled back. I laughed and crawled out of bed to change clothes. I put on my red jeans and my ‘Normal is Boring’ tank top. I put on my black Vans and brushed my hair then topped off my ensemble with my beanie. I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room and almost ran into Emie. “Hey!” Emie cried. She had on a white, ‘Infinite’ tank top and jeans that looked like fireworks. “Yeah?” I asked. “What? Oh nothing. I was just saying hey as in good morning.” Emie said. “Ohhh.” I laughed. “Morning.” I walked into the living room and found Tayler trying to fix Emily’s hair. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw Emily’s Starbucks tank top.

            “Are the guys even ready yet?” Sierra asked, walking into the living room. “Nice shirt.” I said. “Thanks.” Sierra said laughing. “Thomas and I were at the mall one time and we stopped at H&M and I found the ‘I Fancy the Lead Singer’ shirt but Thomas found the ‘I Prefer the Drummer’ shirt and told me since we were dating I had to buy this one instead. So I did.” “That sounds like him.” I said laughing. “What’s the story behind yours?” I asked, turning to Tayler. “I’ve just always liked this quote.” She said smiling. “I found it and I couldn’t resist buying it.” “It is a nice quote.” I said. “Okay, I’m ready now.” Cassy said, joining the rest of us in the living room. “Let’s head out then.” Emie said. She opened the door and the six of us walked out into the hall.

            “We timed this pretty well.” Connor said, as he and Chris walked out of their room. “You two maybe, but not the other four.” Emie said, giving Chris a hug. “Three.” Braiden corrected, as he walked into the hall. He walked over to Tayler and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on the cheek. “Out of the three left, who takes the longest to get ready?” I asked. “Thomas.” Everyone said together. I laughed. “So really, he’s the one we’re waiting on.” I said. “Yeah, pretty much.” Connor said. “READY!” Riley yelled, running out of the room. “GET BACK HERE!” Toby yelled, following him out. Riley ran towards the elevator and hit the button a few times. “That won't make it come faster.” I told him. “I know but still!” Riley said, hitting the button once more. “Still what?” I asked. “Still Toby!” Riley cried. “What is going on here?” Connor asked.

            “Riley stole my jeans.” Toby said. Connor sighed. “I’m not dealing with this.” He said. “You two can work it out yourself.” “They’re my jeans so give them back.” Toby said. “Not now!” Connor cried. “Work it out later!” Toby sighed. “Fine.” he said, giving Riley a look. Riley beamed; clearing proud that he had won whatever that was. “Hey babe.” Riley said, kissing Cassy. I smiled, noticing their matching ‘Thing 1&2’ shirts. “Where is Thomas at?” Emily asked impatiently. “I’m coming, I’m coming!” he cried. Thomas was hopping out of the room on one foot; wallet and water bottle in one hand and his shoe in the other hand. “Let’s go.” Connor said. He grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the elevator. Riley, Cassy, Braiden and Tayler all followed. Connor pushed the button and the door opened instantly. “SERIOUSLY?!” Riley cried. “Riley, be quiet.” Cassy said. “THAT WHAT YOU GET!” Toby yelled. “Toby!” Emily cried. “Be quiet!”

            “There is no doubt that those two are related.” I said. “Yeah, just doubt that I’m related to them.” Connor said. “That would be because they look alike.” I said. “Yeah, but Toby acts like me. Well, he used to.” Connor said. “True, but he also acts like Riley.” I told him. “You have a point there.” Connor said. We stepped out of the elevator and waited for everyone else to come down. About five minutes later, the second elevator opened and the rest of our friends stepped out. “What took so long?” Braiden asked. “Thomas.” Emily said. “Five minutes?” I asked. “He had to put his shoe on and then he had to get some water because he was hot and then he put his wallet in his pocket and then he decided he needed to fix his shoe and then he drank more water so he had to pee and then then had to fix his bottle back up and then Toby had to pee and then we finally got everybody in the elevator.” Emily said.