Glass

"Daniel! You are so much better than this! Why can't you just go back to being how you where before why did you change so much?! This is hard on me too you know!" Dans mother yells her eyes brimming with tears. Dan just rolls his eyes having this conversation with his mother for the hundredth time was not something he was planning on doing.

   "Mom! I'm so done with this! Why can't you just leave me the fuck alone!" He punches the wall making the things around him shake and picture fall to the ground and shatter. His mother stands as still as a statute mortified at her sons actions. Tears stroll down her face and she back away slowly. "Dan...who even are you anymore?" She backs down the hallway and into a room off the side as Dan stomps up to his room slamming his door.  "Who the fuck does she think she is?!" He screams throwing the papers off of his desk and aggressively sitting on his bed putting his head in his hands.

    He replays everything that had just happened in his head. Fighting back tears he looks back to his nightstand looking at the framed photograph sitting nicely on top of it untouched. He slowly picks it up tears starting to escape his eyes.

  In the picture Dan is sitting happily on the floor with his younger brother playing with some blocks as his parents are in the background smiling from ear to ear as if nothing in the world could possible ruin the moment.

   Dan greets his teeth as tears flow down his face and onto his duvet. He stands up and slams the photo to the ground having the glass shatter around him into the carpet and the photo sitting in the cracked frame.

  Nothing is okay. Nothing is fine. Nothing can ever make anything better. It was my fault! His thoughts bring him down even more as he sobs into his hands. "It's all my fault..." He whispers "all my fault."
---------------
    Phil looks at the phone the questions still pondering in his head. Should I call? What if he does it again... He hates you Phil. Phil shakes his head hearing a sigh from the  other room. He stands up from his comfortable spot on the couch to hear his mother talking on the phone in the office. He presses his ear to the door to hear some of the conversation... Not that he's noisy but sometimes he does worry for his mother.

  "No I'm sure he's fine. He's probably just getting through it his way..." There was a small voice on the other side of the phone too small for Phil to hear. "I'm sure he's fine. He's going to be fine... He's going to be." At this point it just sounds like Phil's mom is trying to convince herself more then the lady she's talking to.  "No. I guess so. Him and Phil where really close... But lately he has been avoiding him..." Phil slowly puts the pieces together to figure out his mother is talking about Dan.  And presumably who she's talking to is his mother.  Wait what did Dan do now? Phil questions trying to listen closer but still hears the same as what he could before.

  "No... Yeah I guess your right... Well yeah I bet you better go and clean up the glass.." Glass?! Phil is now slightly alarmed but sighs walking away from the door. What have you done now Dan?