Chapter six

Hi, It's Stefankudra, sorry for the wait, hope you like it.

Ren's P.O.V:

Ren could feel a rush of energy through his muscles as he extended his hand towards her. Avery uneasily looked at his extended hand and slowly took it.

Quickly, he lifted Avery from the ground, and set off shadow jumping through street.

From a distance, Ren understood that his shadows camouflaged him, which gave the freedom of not being noticed by any innocent pedestrians.

Suddenly he appeared metres from Avery's house and casually Lessened his grip, to stroll the rest of the way. Once he arrived, lights could be seen emanating from the back of the house "What was that?!" Avery asked as she caught up to Ren.

"I have no time to explain," Ren calmly replied as he silently creeped towards the front porch, "We need to leave quickly."

After walking through the front gate , Avery leaned towards the door handle and lightly pulled downwards. The handle gave way easily but as she pushed the door open, Ren heard a loud creaking noise emitting from the hinges of the door. Suddenly she stopped and slowly pushed the rest of the door open without a sound.

Silently Avery walked upstairs, and quietly went to collect her "don't take long," Ren whispered loudly, as she reached the top steps.

After five minutes, he heard Avery's door softly shut and quietly turned around to see her creeping down the steps of the stairs. Once she reached the bottom, Ren heard the sound of the back door shutting and instantly spun his dial.

Hurriedly, he moved backwards into the shadows and pulling Avery closer to him. Calmly, Rem stood still as he held Avery Close to his chest. "Be silent." Ren whispered into Avery's ear as she struggled from his grip.

Footsteps could be heard, as the kitchen lights flickered on, shadowing the outline of a female approaching. Suddenly, Avery's mum appeared from the corner of the doorway and scanned the room. " I thought I heard someone?" She replied to herself as the

Carefully, Ren raised from the shadows, and lightly approached towards the door with Avery gripping onto his hand. Quietly ren reached towards the handle, but suddenly stopped as a loud knock came from the other side. Quickly Ren stepped back towards the shadows, to once again hide his presence.

Avery's mum, without delay, entered the room and quickly approached the door. Expectingly, she answered the door.

"Hello, is Avery home." A masculine voice asked Avery's mum.
"Sorry she's not here, but she will be back later." She replied, while hurriedly Shutting the door.

"Are you sure?" The male's voice asked once again as his foot appeared blocking the door.

"Goodnight!" Avery's mum yelled as she tried to slam the door shut, but was stopped by a sudden blade piercing through it.