003

Liz was the one who offered to bring me to detention after having lunch with her. She's always been like my biological mom, which means that when she found out about my punishment she gave me the best speech about ending up homeless and without money. It made me want to sew my mouth shut and never ever talk again in class.

"See you later honey" She said with the motor on going. I said goodbye shaking my hand. It was the first time I was in detention and didn't know how it would end up. It was four o'clock and there was no one in the building. I freaked out when I heard a snap coming out of nowhere, but then realized it was just the janitor moping listlessly.

C'mon Gin grow the fuck up, I thought.

When I arrived to detention, I got surprised to only find the creepy kid throwing chalks at the board. Not even Mr Grin was there.

"Isn't Mr Grin here?" I asked him. His green eyes stared at me hesitantly before he decided to talk.

"Don't think he's coming" his voice was deep and dry. The blue haired guy threw another piece of chalk at the board, making marks on it. I stayed quiet and decided to sit a few seats away from him in the first row.

Fifteen minutes later and no one except the pale guy and me at Detention.

"Do you think they forgot?" I asked again. The boy was now walking around the class checking some books of the shelf.

"Don't care" he didn't bother to turn around and look at me. I wanted to call Liz to pick me up, but I knew if she came she would end up keeping an eye on us for the rest of the hour, like if she were the professor. So I decided to cross my arms and wait till the end of the hour. But my boredom took over me.

"What's your name?" I asked to my new psychology classmate. I turned my head back to watch him still looking for a book. He didn't intimidated me enough, and his looks were screaming to it but I just couldn't.

"Michael" he said taking a random book in his hands.

"I'm Gin" I said, even when I knew He didn't care. But he told me his name so it's the last I could do. "Why did you get on Calum?" I asked him. yeah, maybe it wasn't the best question to try to break the ice, but I really wanted to know why he called him a dick in first place.

"You like him, right?" Michael didn't take his sight off the book.

"You didn't answer me" I responded, trying to change the direction of this conversation.

"I don't have to"

"Then I won't answer you either"

"I don't need to" then he looked at me and showed me a twisted smirk. I quickly took my eyes of him. Okay maybe He intimidated me a little.

Another fifteen minutes went and there was no clue where our teacher or Calum were. No Signs of life, even.

"Are you trying to be mysterious or something?" I asked. It was boredom that spoke, but i also wanted to know more about him.

"You didn't know my name until five minutes ago Gin" he raised his pierced eyebrow as if I was telling him a joke.

"I don't think you are a freak" i told him, and I was being serious. Calum chose that words to insult him like if Michael were a monster.

"Why not?" Michael replied quickly with his eyes full of surprise.

"I don't know, I think you've been through lot of shit and wearing all black and dying your hair is a way to camouflage that you're still a normal teenager" I Said, looking at him. he came close to me and stood in front of my desk. Michael looked right in to my eyes and rested his hands slowly on my table.

"Sometimes people do not need to go through a lot of shit to look like this"

This was like a war he was trying to win, but I actually knew all his weapons.

"But you did" I smirked trying to make him smile, but he kept with no expression on his face.

"You are too innocent" he said wrinkling his nose.

"I'm not" I laughed nervously. I didn't understand that comment.

"If you weren't, you wouldn't like that fuckboy"

"What?"

"You look at the good side of everyone, but some of us don't have it, and you are too innocent to realize it. And someday this will hit you like a fucking wrecking ball"

I closed my mouth and didn't say a thing. He was winning the war now.

"You don't know me" I said in a whisper, uncomfortable to have Michaels sight stuck on me like if he were going to murder me.

"I could say the same" he awnserd and turned his back. He crossed the classroom to pick up a piece of chalk on the floor. Then he wrote something on The board: 'the freak was here'. After that, without looking at me, he kicked the professors desk and got out of the class.

I didn't care about his grumpy and bipolar attitude, or what he said to me. I still didn't look at him like a creep. He was just trying to get me away from him because I tried to get to know him a little more, and that's a thing he wasn't used to. He was afraid of showing something about himself that even scared him.

And how did I know this? Cause as I said before, I really loved pshycology