Chapter Two - Blown Away

Georgia 

We all headed backstage shortly after the concert had finished. "You did good, kiddo" Tom said with a somewhat cheeky smirk on his face. "I'm impressed that you remembered most of the songs" he then proceeded to say in a blasé tone of voice that irked me. I shook my head. When the band had just released their third album, Kasey had been able to pull some strings and let me tour with the band all around Europe. Most nights would end with Dan being unable to play, let alone stand up and have a sense of balance, so when Dan was sober, by the off-chance that he was, they had insisted that Dan taught me all of their songs. It had been the best way to save the band from having to cancel any of their shows and it was also a good thing that my father was a music teacher. It was thanks to him that I was able to play guitar. It was thanks to Kasey that Dan and I had met and fell in love with one another. "Are you coming to the after party?" Scott asked. "No. I've got to get Dan home" I spoke solemnly as I walked into the room where Dan was laying on the sofa. I remained quiet as I placed the guitar back in its stand before moving over to the sofa and shaking Dan lightly. "Georgia" he said, confused. "What are you doing here?" I hate seeing him like this. "She's taking your drunken ass home" Kasey said. "Come on. I'll help you get him up" he quickly added and helped me to lift him up from off the sofa. "How far is the hotel?" he asked me. "Not that far" I responded.

Kasey and I finally managed to get him to the hotel room. I wasn't all that surprised to see that Kasey had decided to wait by the door as I got Dan into the bedroom. When I returned, Kasey was leant against the door frame and when he saw me, he quickly straightened up. "Maybe you should get some room service? Food should sober him up a bit" Kasey suggested. "Thanks" I murmured. We had been friends forever. My dad used to teach him how to play the drums but when I got with Dan, things changed between us and became strained, so to say. I never knew why. "I'm going to go now" he said. I watched as he turned on his heel and began to walk down the corridor. He then stopped and looked back at me. "Georgia" he said sweetly, almost in a reassuring manner. "You can do so much better; I want you to know that" he spoke before he left the area altogether. I stood there, swallowed up by a sea of Confusion for a moment. Did he mean that I can do better in Life? Or that I could do better without Dan? I closed the door and headed for the hotel phone, ordered some food before returning to Dan in the bedroom. I wasn't at all surprised to see him spread out on the bed. I shook my head once and soon enough, my fingertips had found their way to the hem of his shirt in an effort to remove it from his body. "You totally want the D" Dan spoke, his words slurred. I shook my head before I removed his shoes. When the food arrived, Dan was already fast asleep. I decided that it would be better if I ate alone before falling asleep on the sofa.

The rays of sunlight disturbed me from the temptress known as Sleep the following morning. I still felt tired but turned my attention to the clock. Its face stared back at me, as if it was judge, jury and executor whilst I was the defendant. Midday, I thought to myself. Tina wants me at the salon dead on twelve. It's a shame that my hopes for a longer lie-in haven't gone to plan. With that, I quickly hopped in the shower but as I made my way to the bathroom, I stopped to check on Dan and noticed that he was still fast asleep. Shortly afterwards, I picked up the dress that was still hung up on the wardrobe and quietly left. Upon arriving at the salon, Tina was waiting outside. I remained quiet as the hair stylist and make-up artist worked on my hair and face for what felt like hours. As a model, I was used to being sat down for long periods of time and becoming a statue throughout the ordeal. Time seemed to pass on and soon enough, Tina helped me into the ball gown that I had bought with me – a beautiful, strapless dress that flared dramatically out at the bottom. It was safe to say that I felt like a Barbie doll but without the blonde hair. When Dan finally saw me, he was in disbelief. "Wow" was all he could get out before pulling me close to him and kissed me on the lips. "Do you think Tina would mind if we have a quick one out the back?" he then whispered huskily in my ear.