PWS Chapter 11

Ariel's P.O.V

We finally arrived at school. We all yelled thank you to the driver and then piled out of the limo.

As Shane pulled me out of the limo last, I tripped out of the limo accidentally falling into his muscly arms. It wasn't all bad I guess.

"Oops! My bad." I peeped as I could feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

All Shane did was laugh, keeping me in his arms.

"Don't worry Ari. Always a pleasure." he shined his sparkly white teeth at me. Almost blinding me.

I giggled and he took my waist and led me to the gym entrance.

I couldn't help but notice that I was being stared at. And not only by Shane but by the other senior guys with dates.

As I passed by different couples, the senior guys were following my every move and staring at me like I was a piece of meat. I could also feel Shane tighten his grip on my waist, letting the guys know I was his date.

But as we got our place in line, full of other couples waiting to get inside the gym and enjoy their night, Shane let go of my waist and, Blake, who left his pretty date, came towards us.

He had blonde hair with brown highlights, pure blue eyes, and a nice smile. He was very gorgeous to the average girl. If I wasn't so blinded by my forever love for Shane, I'd be falling head over heels by this guy. I think he's Shane's and Chase's teammate. He was the back up receiver for our football team.

"Ariel, right?" he smirked. I could definitely tell he was flirting with me even if Shane was right beside me.

I nodded and he then continued.

"Wow! You look gorgeous. Shane's a lucky man." he looked me up and down.

"We're not...I mean she's not my girlfriend." Shane interjected though I felt he wasn't comfortable having Blake come up to me. This kind of let me down. I wanted to be his girlfriend. But if he doesn't feel the same way...agh what am I saying. I feel a connection...I think.

"Oh okay. Good. I mean, that means I can steal a dance from you later on this evening?" Blake charismatically said.

"Um actually dude, she's my date for the night. So back off" Shane said tensed up.

"Alright bro, don't get your panties in a twist." Blake responded to Shane. "If this dude is too uptight for you, I am always open for a dance" he said referring to me. He then grabbed my hand, kissed it, and then walked off to his date.

I then looked at Shane concernedly to see if he was okay with his. And as I could clearly see, he wasn't.

"Stay away from Blake. He doesn't deserve a girl as beautiful as you are inside and out." Shane growled as he glared at Blake.

I blushed at this remark.

"Don't worry. Your enough for me" I replied and Shane then loosened his impeccable stare and grabbed my hand to lead me to the check in list.

Shane really does care.