PWS Chapter 6

The very one thing I loved was my dress. Strapless, yet no cleavage. Peach, yet not pink. It was tight on my torso but long and flowing at the bottom. I felt like a princess.

As I slipped on the dress and Jules zipped me up, I looked at the heels my mom picked out for me. They were about 4 inches in height and very cute. But I dreaded walking in them the whole night.

"Dangg Ari! Those shoes are bomb! Let's trade!" Domo squealed as she bent down in her light green dress and tried to unbuckle her shoes.

"Ah, ah, ah,no!" Kylie stopped Domo in her tracks, "They don't even match your dress. That's tacky."

Domo rolled her eyes, "Your tacky!"

"Oh nice come back" Kylie replied as she stuck her tongue out to Domo.

"I actually don't mind. I don't even wanna wear them...they're too chic for me." I announced.

"Well, why don't you just wear your converse then." Jules suggested.

"You know her mom would not let her walk out of the house wearing sneakers to prom, please!" Domo injected.

"Well, she doesn't have to know. Your dress is long enough." Kylie implied.

I thought about this. My sneakers were gonna be hidden anyways. Why not?

"Okay!!" I chimed. "Comfort is a choice." So I slipped on my white converse high tops and deeply hid them under my dress.

Kylie, Domo, and Jules all laughed as they put the finishing touches on themselves.

We all could hear what was happening downstairs. People were hustling and bustling; laughing; and gossiping. We could hear our parents making cheesy jokes with each other. Our friends were squealing and laughing as well. We could also hear Carl getting yelled at by Auntie Anne for trying to get upstairs to get a quick peek at us. We shook our heads.

"Oh Carl..." Jules pitied him. And we all laughed again.

The smell from downstairs was spectacular. Carl's Aunt Ida did well. I could smell the tacos and enchiladas significantly. The Mexican food hit our senses and we were all drooling over it. We didn't eat all day so you could imagine our agony.

I then looked at the girls. We all looked beautiful. Kylie with her purple gown. Domo with her light green dress glowing in the room. Jules with her deep sea blue dress that looked like she actually came from the sea. And me, with my peach dress accenting my caramel skin. We were ready to rock the guys' worlds. I think.

As I glossed my lips for the last time, as Kylie primped up her hair for the last time, as Domo fluffed her dress for the last time, and as Jules retouched her blush for the last time, we could hear gasps and awing downstairs. The guys were here.

"You look so handsome"

A camera snapped.

"My baby is growing up!"

More cameras snapped.

"Hold still!"

Another set of cameras snapped.

Shane is probably rolling his eyes at all the attention. He never liked it. Not even once. When he was playing football, he never liked being in front of the camera. It was always Chase who spoke while Shane just waited patiently behind him. Shyness was what it was called. It was so cute on him. The one of many traits, why I lov-I mean, why I'm so close to Shane.

It's been exactly an hour since the party started. It was time. I could hear all the mothers hushing to get everyone's attention. The girls and I were heading down.

My nerves caught up with me again as we filed in a neat line upstairs.

"What are we supposed to do again?!" I whispered urgently.

"Just watch us go one by one Ari. Your going to be fine." Kylie smiled.

I nodded. I then took deep breaths and closed my eyes. I can do all things through Christ Jesus our Lord.

All of a sudden my nerves were calm like they weren't even there, as I saw Kylie gracefully walk down the stairs. I heard people gasp, applaud, and snap pictures of her. And as much as I could see from the upstairs without being noticed, Jack took her hand and walked her to the backyard.

Then it was Domo. Like she always is, a cheesy comedian, she gracefully walked down the stairs and interjected,

"Heyyy ya'll!!!" which made everyone laugh. She then was taken by Adam to the backyard.

Jules and I peeped a giggle once she left. Normal Domo, that's all.

Then it was Jules. But before she walked down the steps, she looked back at me with her light brown eyes, took my hand, lightly squeezed it, and took off gracefully to the open crowd downstairs. People awed, clapped, and snapped pictures of her as well.

Once she got down to the floor, I could see Chase's astonished face as she got closer to him. He then kissed her on the cheek which got him squeals and awes from the people. They are so cute together!! I can't stand it.

But as Chase walked Jules to the backyard. My nerves popped back into my system again. Shane and everybody else was waiting for me now. I can't just stand here! Move legs, move!

At that moment, it felt like an hour as I got my nerves together and got my comfort from all the way down from my converse, to all the way up in my brain.

I then started thinking about what my mom said earlier.

"Once you see him in his tux, you'll know why I'm so giddy about prom. Those feelings of nervousness and anxiety will all disappear and your heart will let you know that this is where you're supposed to be."

I trusted her, I trusted him, I trusted my feelings. Feelings? What feelings? He's my best friend of course! Or is he something more?

I knew the answer to that question as my heart screamed it out to me. I got my confidence back and I then walked down and gracefully took my first steps into the open crowd.

---------------------------------------------

Thanks y'all for reading. The next chapter will be in Shane's P.O.V. So keep reading.

Vote

Comment

Please let me know what you think!