Chapter 20

"I'll be taking you to and from school, and there will be no more staying at Lila's, understood?" Dad explained on Monday morning when he was taking me to school.

I had occasionally texted or called Troy or Lila but other then that I had been alone in my room all weekend.

"Understood" I muttered, face almost pressed against the window as I looked outside.

"Lila is welcome in our home whenever she pleases, but you're not going anywhere else but home and school" Dad explained further.

I stayed silent, I knew if I said anything it would lead to a fight, in which I would probably start crying, and I didnt want to go to school with an ugly face.

"How long have you even known Troy? Not long I know that....he's in a freaking gang Kayla.......he's been to jail for drugs too!" Dad rambled.

I stayed silent still.

"You would have been better off with Tyler" Dad muttered.

That was it.....

"With Tyler! You would rather me be with a cheating, lying, bastard than with a guy I actually love!?" I yelled.

"Love!? How can you love him!? He's nothing but bad, Kayla! If you're so in love with him then tell me something about him! Like his favorite color? Or favorite animal? Or what he wanted to grow up and be when he was a little boys! Can you even tell me any of that?!" Dad yelled back.

I didn't stay silent only because I was on the verge of crying.....also because I didn't know any of that......

I realized then that I didn't know anything about Troy....yet I said that I loved him.....

Practically all we ever did was have sex.....

"I'll pick you up here after school" dad said.

"Okay" I acknowledged before shutting the car door before he could say anything else.

~~~~~

"Some party, am I right?" Lila laughed as she sat beside me at our usual lunch table.

I had been thinking about Troy all day.

"What's your definition of love?" I asked her, totally ignoring her previous statement.

"Um.....I guess love is when you feel 100% comfortable with someone......or when that person feels like home....." She stammered.

"Do you have to know someone's favorite color in order to love them?" I asked her.

"What is this? Twenty questions? I'm obviously not the right person you should be asking for love advice from" she said before taking a bite of her sandwich.

All along I thought I loved Troy.....but the more I think about it....I know very little about him.....

"What's your favorite color?" I asked Troy when he sat down next to us.

"I don't know....probably blue" he said before kissing me.

It all seemed so weird to me......

The kisses no longer seemed the same.....

"What's your favorite animal?" I asked him.

"Um......a lion?" He said, as if he didn't know....

I ate some of my lunch.

"Listen, I was thinking we could go to the library again later" Troy whispered.

"No, I'd rather not" I answered.