A Medieval Love Poem Part 3

As we ride off into the majestic sunset, I stare at the back of his swift curly brown hair and I tug on it softly as I give him sweet little kisses on the start of his defined jaw line, and ending at the apex of his collar bone.

I close my eyes in absolute serenity.

I'm finally his until the denouement of our lives.

Breathing in his aromatic scent, which consists of a cinnamon musk that I love.

All he says to compliment my love shown for him is a hum,"Hmmmmm''.

It was like a small quiver raised within him.

He's perfect in every way.

I recollect to think that that my heart

a

c

h

e

d

for sometime as he was going to marry his once darling duchess.

Well... of course not anymore.

His remembrance of what we had blasted through him like a brilliant sun beam.

If I had to, I'd give her the kiss of death or the coup de grace if she interfered ever again.

Oh, no.

I turn around right as an arrow zooms past my honey comb hair.

''Hurry Ophilious!'' I shriek, as another arrow whizzes past my ear.

They found us.

Another second rolls by.

A gust of heaviness hits my inner core as I realize I've been hit with an arrow.

I look down and notice the tip had been laced with black poison, or my blood, but it's too hard to tell.

I choke on rusty red liquid in my mouth as Ophilious jolts his head my way to notice my wound.

''Damn.'' He announces with fright.

He yanks the reigns of the horse towards the enemy and screams with his voice cracking,''You will not hurt her!''

He gets off the Palomino, and gently pushes me off of the ridge back saddle and cradles me in his arms, careful not to touch the already infected area.

I pull off all the strength I can muster and whisper,''Ophilious don't.''

He kisses me passionately in his arms, and sets me on the ground lightly leaving me feeling useless.

The last thing I feel is blood trickling down my mouth and Ophilious's pain as he is stabbed in the heart with the duchesses sword.

He yelps, as I fight the urge to not fade way just yet.

I then only see darkness that overwhelms and consumes me.