ch. 2

Ivy

When I open my eyes, Gerard is nowhere to be seen.
I push snooze on my beeping alarm, and get out of bed. I get dressed in my typical black jeans and band shirt, and do my makeup.
I head out the door and make it to school in ten minutes.
When I'm about halfway to class some kids step in front of me.
"What were you looking at yesterday, freak?" the tallest one asks me.
"Probably her mom. She Isn't coming back, orphan." the biggest one smirks.
I feel the tears coming, until someone grabs my hand.
"She was looking for me." a voice says next to me.
"And who are you?" the talk one says.
"I'm her boyfriend. And I'm not afraid to whoop some ass so get out of here." Gerard pretty much growls.
The boys scoff and roll their eyes, but they walk away.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Gerard looks me over.
"I'm fine. Where did you come from?" I push him away slightly.
"The Black Parade. I wanna take you there soon." he smirks and grabs my hand again. "Let's get you to class."
"Why are you protecting me?" I ask him as we are just about to my class.
"Because. I've been drawn to you. Like a magnet" he sighs. "Now. Dont worry. They won't see me, but you will. I'll be there the whole time to watch over you. " he promises me and walks into class.
Everyone stares at me and I hurry to my desk. A few kids try to trip me but I dodge it. I look at Gerard and he is sitting on the side of my desk. His face shows slight anger and he looks at me. His face softens and I smile.
Damon it He is so adorable.
I feel my heart flutter as he smiles at me.
The day goes on like this, and my heart flutters every time he looks at me.
When the day comes to an end, I feel him grab my hand again.
"Can I ask those questions now?" I ask him.
"Later. Right now we are going to the black parade." he pulls me along with him as he takes me to a wall.
He pulls me into the wall with him and everything goes white, until we reach the other side.
The sky is a grey, and everything else seems to be in black and white. I see where the parade uniform comes from.
Ash is falling from the sky, but it seems to be coming from nowhere.
People of all kinds walk around, wearing black and white. I notice only four others are wearing a uniform.
"What is this place?" I ask, taking in its true beauty, dispute the lack of colors.
"This.. This is the black parade."