ch 8

ivy

i wake up to mikey leaning over me.

"gah!" i scream and i see gerard jump from across the room. i look at him closly as he shifts to face me from my desk chair.

"i see you noticed mikey. mikes, i told you not to stand so close." gerard grins and looks at me. "how did you sleep?" he winks at me, setting down a pencil.

"i slept.. well." i blush, remembering last night.

"i bet you did. we heard gerard in the phantom world. i think even bullets heard." mikey laughs and gerard punches his arm. 

"mikey. why are you here?" i wonder, he has never come here before.

his face turns serious and gerard frowns.

"he wanted me here.." he points to gee, "so he wouldnt do this alone."

"what do you mean?" i ask, my heart racing.

is he going to leave me like everyone else?

"ivy.. your time is running out. not even we know how much longer you have. the cancer is spreading, but slowing down. and... it is concerning. we need to be prepared for you. but we dont know when to do that." he sighs and holds my hand.

"what do you mean prepare? why cant we just prepare now?" i ask.

"because. it takes certain things. and one of those is certain death." mikey sighs.

"im sorry." i whisper.

"youre apologizing for not dying?" gerard laughs.

"i guess so..."

"well dont. what you cant do though, is get your black parade outfit on so we can go." gerard leans in and kisses me before pushing mikey out the door.

i quickly change and walk out into the hall to meet up with them. 

"ready?" gerard smiles and takes my hand. i nod and he pulls me into the wall, with mikey following behind us. 

we make it to the black parade and gerard rushes me to the float. he stops and lets mikey pass us before turning to me.

"ivy." he says in a serious tone.

"yes?"

"i need you to do me a favor. can you do that?" he asks and i nod, "okay. i need you to become my human girlfriend."

he smiles and my heart beats. i nod quickly and kiss him. 

he pulls me to the float and the others smile at us.

"so guys." ray looks at us "why did your mother need you two?" he asks

*flash back*

"gerard. what were you thinking, sharing our world with a human?" the woman standing with gerard asks.

they left me in the hallway of the castle as they went into the next room to talk

"mother, its not the same. she is special. i think ive fallen in love." he tries to whisper, but i hear.

"in love? with a breather? impossible. i forbid it." she snaps at him and my heart drops. am i going to have to forget gerard?

"mother, have you forgotten who got you where you are today? i am the phantom. father made sure of it. this is my realm. you will not tell me who i can fall in love with and share my life here with. as soon as she passes im bringing her homw. and we will take back our world." i hear him fight.

"you fool! did you tell her?! we agreed we wouldnt remind her! for the sake of the people." she yells.

"not yet, but soon." he laughs and walks back to me.  "lets go." he takes me through the wall, and we get back to my house, a frown on his face the whole time.

*flash back over*