ch .4

Ivy

"You must be ivy!" I hear a male voice behind me.
I turn around and see a tall man with a large brown afro, one of the men wearing the uniform.
"Yes." I smile sweetly.
"I'm Ray." he smiles back and we shake hands. "Are You a phantom now? Gerard didn't tell us.." he seems troubled.
"No. But Gerard told me when my cancer takes me away if come here." I smile at him, looking foward to be able to call this beautiful place home.
"Well.. I don't think he told you all of it. See. When you die you go to heaven or hell. But for the kids like us. We come here. The kids who are beaten or damned, you know. But first there is a trail. The angels and demons decide what is best. So you see, there is no telling where you will go, but there is a strong possibility you will come here" he explains and my heart drops.
"O..oh." I whisper.
"Ray! The parade is starting!" Gerard tells from the float thing.
He waves bye and runs to the float, and everyone starts to crowd around as drums play.
"When I was," I hear and watch Gerard song, "a young boy. My father took me into the city. To see a matching band. He said son when you grow up would you be the saviour of the broken the beaten and the damned, he said will you defeat them your demons and all the non believers. The plans that they have made. Because one day I'll leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer to join the black parade." he sings.
Wow his voice is really good.
He starts to march around the stage as the others just have fun with it. He waves to all of us and he winks at me. I blush and cheer him on.
After ten minutes the float turns a corner and all that is left are the tiny skeletons matching the road playing their drums.
"How was it?" I turn around and a woman with white hair, wearing all white asks me. I look at her and notice her eyes are black. The is holding hands with a man exactly the same, but black not white.
"It was amazing. How often do they do it?" I laugh.
"Every day. They do it after the wolves from the house of wolves start howling, so we never miss it." she smiles.
The man is holding the same poker face, and it's quite intimidating.
They walk away slowly and go to a tree a few yards away. They sit on a blanket and just look at each other. I turn around and see Gerard running to me.
"Ivy! We have to get you home. Now." he sighs and he rushed me through the wall again. After the flash of white we appear in my room.
"Thank you Gerard. That was amazing." I smile at him.
"I'll take you back every chance I get I promise." he hugs me. "Now go to sleep."