Chapter 1

Elena's POV

I walk down the hallway as he comes up in front of me and he hugs me tight. I smile a little.

I love you. He whispers.
Then I see him turn white. His veins start going black. And when I look in his back, I see a stake.
No... No. NO!! I scream as I wake up out of my dream. I sit up.. breathing hard, my face wet with tears, and my bed sheets soaked with sweat. I look around frantically trying to figure out a possible explanation for what I just experienced, but I don't notice anything. I hear the door open, and see Damon's head pop in holding a candle. You okay?  He asks, as he walks into my room, and walks towards me.
Yeah.. Just had a bad dream. I say.
Oh. He gives a small frown as he turns to walk away.
Damon.. I quickly say. I take a little pause, wondering why the hell I always talk before I think.

Damon turns around, looks at me, and says "Yeah?"

"Will you.. Lay down with me? Please.." I say slowly, hoping he doesn't say no.

He walks to my bed and slowly lifts up my covers, slips in, and lays down next to me. His body is so warm. His breathing, so soft you can barely hear it. I put my head next to his shoulder with my arm streaming down by the side of his body, and close my eyes. A few minutes later, I feel the presence of his eyes on me, and I slowly feel his hand creeping towards mine. He touches it slightly, then embraces it all, taking it into his hand.
I don't move.