Chapter 7

Elena's POV

Last thing I saw was Damon grabbing his food and disappearing under the overhang. I wasn't about to just sit around here and wait for Damon to come back up. He said I'd love it so why not?

I grab the rope and start hauling myself downwards, holding the bag of my food in my mouth.
All of a sudden I see Damon sitting on a stone in a little cave that can't be seen from the land above.
I get scared and scream, dropping my bag out of my mouth and watching it fall to it's 'death' below us.
"Jesus Damon. You had to be there you smartass. Now my food is sitting in the river below us. Please, if you've got any sense of humanity left in you, go get it,"

Proud of my random "out of the blue" come-back, I see him still sitting on his rock, chuckling, giving me his charming smirk. On the outside I'll continue acting mad, when really on the inside I'm secretly dying because he's so charming.

I let go of the rope. Not having a chance to look behind me, he poked his head forward, signaling for me to turn around. When I turn around, I could've sworn I was in the land of a fairy tale. Beautiful trees and flowers, fresh patches of grass here and there, dark green and fresh looking moss climbing up the sides of the rocky cliff. 

I back up a little bit, shaking my head. "Wow.. this is..." Before I get to finish my sentence I trip over Damon's foot and fall square onto him. He completes my sentence for me.

"I'm guessing you were about to say..... incredible?" He smiles. 

For a second I stare at his face. Taking in his crystal blue eyes, his dimples as he smiles. I must have been staring for too long because he asks "What? "

I get up. "N-nothing. Was just.. dazing.." I smile nervously. 

I turn away from him, taking in the view. 

"Elena.."

I turn to face him again. "Hm?" I respond.

He pats his leg, once again, giving me another signal, this time, though, to sit on his lap. I hesitate this time a little bit, but walk over to him and have a seat anyways. I lay my head on his shoulder, now embracing the beautiful sunset. I shiver a little, and then I lift my head. Instead of staring at the sunset, I stare at him. He's probably aware of my creepy stare, but even if he is he doesn't take action. At one point I got sick of staring, so I reached across to the other side of his face and I pull his head over so he's now looking at me, too. We lean in closer, and closer, and closer, until we get so close that we are basically brushing our lips. I didn't want to kiss him. I wanted him to kiss me. And he did. 

~~~~~Some minutes later~~~~~

His hands are now cupping my cheeks, and I'm sitting on his lap, with one of my legs dangling on one side of his body, and my other on the other side. I keep trying to convince myself that it's okay. I try to convince myself that he's not going to leave me like Stefan left me. But for so long I have wondered what it was like for Damon and I to kiss. For us to both say "I love you." to each other. And my curiosity was being sated. It was being answered. But it only led to more and more questions, and when one question was answered, another appeared. And so it went on, more and more, with every minute passing, until my worst nightmare had happened.