10

[Y/N]'s POV

You had to tell Jake. You needed to tell him. Even if you were rejected, at least you had a chance.
After all, there was no way he'd fall for any of those crazy girls outside. Hopefully. And, if anything, you'd hope that he'd at least go for Jane, you know, if she wasn't dating someone already.
She was nice, pretty, smart, a great cook, and hell- she's done a ton of stuff for him. Given up so much! She's always been so kind to you, too. You wouldn't mind going after here if she wasn't dating Roxy. That's why, if he rejects you...
Why were you thinking so hard about this? Love was a word that could easily roll of your tongue, so why was it so hard to tell someone else?
Maybe because you were practically giving your heart away to another person, trusting them to not break it or throw it away. Wow, now you're sounding pretty poetic.
Well, it's now or never.

"Jake...don't cut me off. Let me just say this, and I swear I'll...I'll save you from this mess!"
"Eh? But...what if we get caught? [Y/N], please, just be qui--"
"Shut the hell up Jake. I love you, okay? I was too afraid to tell you because I'm a coward, alright?"

I stepped out of the cabinet, allowing myself to be seen by the other few girls.

"Alright, you've caught me. Do your worst." You smirked, you had finally admitted to Jake you had loved him.
Now, for once, you were the once who would be considered 'Brave.'

Jake's POV

While we were in the cabinet [Y/N] had decided to speak up, even though you had told her not too.
What she said not only shocked you, but made you feel horribly guilty.

"Shut the hell up Jake. I love you, okay? I was too afraid to tell you because I'm a coward, alright?"

After that, she had opened the door of your hiding place and walked out. Facing straight ahead, she spoke up once more.
It was quite contradicting of her shy side, her being so outgoing and brave.

"Alright, you've caught me. Do your worst." She even smirked, tilting her head a bit. This was something you could never have done.
You, Jake English, the one who had survived on an island by yourself. The one who battled a sea goat. The one who had dumped Dirk.
You were a coward. You couldn't even save the girl you loved, the one who had saved you instead. Why couldn't you have done what she did? Why couldn't you have confessed before any of this happened?!
Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, a broadcast played.

"Attention Attention Everyone! This is Jane Crocker speaking. Whatever you had been told by those 'so called Jake love-letters', are all lies. They are all fake. This was confirmed by the one who caused this catastrophe, they shall remain as anonymous. Please, cease what you're doing immediately-otherwise the teachers will eventually find out. You wouldn't want to be in trouble over nothing, right?"

Just as it had come, it was gone. Looking back to where [Y/N] was standing, you found out she, too, was gone.
Still inside the now open door cabinet you allow yourself to sink down and cover your face with your hands.
You were ashamed. But, no, you weren't going to cry. Maybe, just maybe, you still had a chance.

[ I was told to update, so I did! I hope you can forgive the super long wait, I'll try to be more frequent. (She says this, but probably won't. Whoops.)
Also, I'm sorry if you don't like the CottonCandy ship (Jane/Roxy), but I really do. I think it's cute, and that they really match up. Anyway, I think I've gotten better in my writing skills, but HAHAHA, If you wanna see people who are amazing writers, I'll send some links (without them knowing, of course.) to you. Don't be afraid to ask!]

[ Also, Why not comment your favorite Homestuck character below? I'll tell you mine, it's Jane Crocker~that's why I had a little reader x Jane moment! (insert evil laughter-preferably Hussie's here) ]