Chapter 1

Characters:
Top left - Molly C. Quinn
Top right - Caspar Lee
Bottom left - Taissa Farmiga
Bottom right - Dylan Sprayberry
-
Christiana wanted to scream. Or cry. She didn't know which she wanted to do more.

Her parents had signed her up for a summer camp. A summer camp! That's not even what she wants to do with her life! She hates the outdoors! "Mom, you can't be serious," Christiana says. "I don't want to go to some summer camp." She knew arguing was useless since she left today for it.

"It's too late now," Mrs. Carter says. "Besides, it's nature! You could take some photos for that scholarship thing you want!" Christiana groans and plops down on the couch. That was even close to what she had to do for the scholarship, but she didn't have the patience to explain it right now. "Oh stop it. You need the outdoors. You're as pale as a vampire."

"I am a vampire," Christiana grumbles.

"Oh stop it," Mrs. Carter says. "Are you all packed up? You're leaving in twenty minutes." Christiana bolts up.

"Excuse me?!" Christiana asks. "I have to go pack my cameras up! Why didn't you tell me this before!?"

"I did," Mrs. Carter says. Christiana sprints to her room and grabs her luggage full of her clothes and such and basically throws it into the living room. She runs back and puts her camera bag on the bed. She packs up her tripods first then puts her cameras in their cases then into the bag. She puts her camcorder in there too. She brings that out and gently puts it on the floor. She puts her MacBook and iPad into a backpack and brings that out. "Ready?"

"I think so," Christiana says. Her mom grabs the car keys and helps Christiana put her bags in the car. Christiana puts her headphones in and her mom drives her to the camp. It's going to be a long ride.
~~~
Christiana feels an arm shake her awake. She sees her mom looking at her. "Christiana, we're here," Mrs. Carter says. Christiana takes her headphones off and puts them and her phone in the backpack with her MacBook and iPad. She gets out of the car and puts on the backpack then goes and gets her other bags. "Do you have everything?" Christiana nods.

"Yeah," Christiana says. "I'll see you at the end of summer mom." Her mom gives Christiana a quick hug then she drives away. Christiana starts to pick up her bags, but a girl walks up to her.

"Need help?" the girl asks.

"Um," Christiana says. "Yeah. I overestimated my stuff." The girl grabs the bigger suitcase and puts it the strap on her shoulder to carry it.

"What's your name? My name is Kelli Michaels," the girl says.

"I'm Christiana Carter," Christiana says. "Do you know what cabin I'm in?" They start walking towards the cabins.

"Actually mine," Kelli says. "We're also with two guys named-"

"Whoa wait. They're putting guys and girls together? Wouldn't that cause - suspicion?" Christiana asks. Kelli looks at Christiana.

"That is not the word you were going to use," Kelli says. "But yes. I see your point. I guess they trust us to make good choices." Kelli and Christiana look at each other then laugh. Kelli brings Christiana to the cabin. Cabin number 42. When they walk in they see two guys arguing. Christiana looks at Kelli. "Hey!" The two guys turn. The one with brown hair smirks when he looks at them.

"Well well well," he says. He walks up to them. "They certainly didn't fail me here. Wow, you two are gorgeous." Christiana can already tell this guy is going to be a problem. She wonders what he and the other guy were arguing about. He holds a hand out for Christiana first. "Nicholas Johnson." Christiana shakes his hand.

"Christiana Carter," Christiana says.

"Nice name Chrissy," Nicholas says. Chrissy? What?

"Alright Nicky," Christiana retorts. Two can play at this game. He winks at Christiana and then talks to Kelli.

"Don't even try," Kelli says to him.

"I'm going to guess that you are Kelli Michaels," Nicholas says.

"Yeah," Kelli says. "Try anything and you won't like what will be coming for you." She walks into one side of the cabin.

"This is Joseph by the way," Nicholas says. "He's a neat freak."

"Not true," Joseph says. "You just managed to make a mess on the first day here."

"Whatever man," Nicholas says. "Oh and if you make a move on either Chrissy or Kelli, I'll make sure to make your side of the room messy." He walks into the opposite side of the cabin. Christiana and Joseph look at each other

"He seems fun," Christiana says.

"He's really not," Joseph says. Christiana chuckles then grabs her camera stuff bag. She pulls out one of the tripods.

"Mind helping me set this up by that back window?" Christiana asks. Joseph walks over and takes it from her and sets it up.

"You a photographer?" Joseph asks.

"Yes - well I want to be one," Christiana says. She brings over one of the cameras and puts it on the tripod. "Or a film maker."

"That's cool," Joseph says.

"Yeah," Christiana says. She takes her MacBook out of her backpack and sets it up on the desk next to the tripod and window. She plugs it into the camera. "My parents signed me up for this camp. They thought it would be an opportunity for me to take pictures for this scholarship I want. I'm actually supposed to do a documentary for it, but I can't really do that here."

"You could if you have something to film about," Joseph says, sitting in the chair of the desk. Christiana already knew she is going to like Joseph much better than Nicholas.

"It needs to be good," Christiana says. "I read something about this camp, but I doubt it's a thing. I don't even think it'd be worth making a documentary about."

"Documentary? Can I star in it?" Nicholas asks. Of course he'd want to. "I've got the face for it. Wait what is it about?"

"I don't have anything for it yet," Christiana says.

"What's the thing you found out about the camp?" Joseph asks.

"This weird Ostat thing," Christiana says.

"Fake," Kelli says. "It's fake." Christiana wondered why everyone is suddenly appearing out of nowhere?

"I bet it's not," Nicholas says.

"Well if I do this documentary, it'll prove one of you right and the other wrong."

"Alright sold," Nicholas says. "I will enjoy proving you wrong."

"I have a photographic memory, all honors student, and I still have a better personality than you," Kelli says. Joseph holds his hand up for a high five and he and Kelli high five.

"Ouch," Nicholas says.

"Alright, Joseph will you look up the Ostat on my MacBook please?" Christiana asks. "Let's get this started then." Christiana had a feeling this was going to be an eventful summer.