Chapter 4

Kelli had no idea how ironic that statement was. Nicholas walks into where the rest of them were. "Why are we slamming doors? I need sleep otherwise I'm very irritable!" Nicholas exclaims.

"Clearly you've been behind on sleep your whole life then," Joseph says under his breath. Christiana hears and stifles a laugh.

"Can we talk about something other than yourself for once?" Kelli asks Nicholas.

"But I'm very interesting!" Nicholas exclaims. Kelli throw a pillow at him and it hits him on the face. "Ow! You so dig me Kelli. Don't deny it."

"Shut up," Kelli says. She looks back to Joseph and Christiana. "Now what is the problem?"

"We were at the lake so I could get a picture of the sunset and after I got the pic, it got really dark really fast," Christiana says. "Then this weird mist started to surround us and the lake. Then this voice whispered to me and said things like come to the lake, don't run from me, indulge in your fears, and come to me. Joseph couldn't hear it and that's what made it ten times more creepy." Nicholas walks over to Christiana and puts an arm around her.

"There there Chrissy, you're safe now," Nicholas says. Christiana rests her head on him. It had been a long day and Christiana believes that he was actually trying to be considerate, for once.

"Who was saying those things? It was probably just someone pulling a prank," Kelli says.

"It was her," Christiana says. "The wife - or mother from the Ostat family. It's real." Nicholas claps his hands together, startling Joseph making him jump.

"I told you Kelli!" Nicholas exclaims. "Now you have to go on a date with me."

"Did you guys get photo proof?" Kelli asks.

"No," Christiana says. "We were too busy running for our lives. I didn't really fancy being drowned."

"Well then I guess no date then," Kelli says. "I want evidence. It's not that I don't believe you, but if I have to go out with this turd, I want to know for sure that it's real. I need to see it." She stands up. "I'm going to head to bed. It's pretty late." Christiana looks at the clock. It's 11:30pm. How did time fly that fast? She looks up at Nicholas whom still has his arm around her. She then looks where Joseph was, but she finally sees that he left.

"I guess it's just you and me," Nicholas says with a smirk.

"Well if you want to watch me edit photos then knock yourself out," Christiana says as she removes Nicholas's arm from around her and walks over to her MacBook. She hears Nicholas pull up a chair next to her. "Could you reach into that backpack and hand me the red chord?"

"Sure," Nicholas says. He lifts up Christiana's backpack and pulls out the red chord. He hands it to her. Christiana plugs in her camera to her computer. She turns it on and the picture of the woman flashes on the screen.

 She turns it on and the picture of the woman flashes on the screen

Many details of her face can be seen. Blood drips from her cuts on her face. The woman's hair is ripped out in several spots, leaving patches on her head. The sanity has completely left her eyes. They are empty hollows of blackness. Christiana screams and pushes herself away in the rolling chair. "HOLY SH-" Nicholas backs out of his chair. It lands with a loud thud. Kelli and Joseph come running into the room to see what happened. They both see the face on the screen just in time before it disappears back to Christiana's home screen. Nicholas and Christiana look at each other then to Kelli.

"Now do you believe us?" Christiana asks, still recovering from her almost heart attack.