Chapter 12

Jared

I woke up to the commotion of Sarah's family, which is just her parents and her.  Sarah's mom was making what looked and smelled like cinnamon rolls. Her dad was walking around the house with one boot on mumbling about how he couldn't find his other boot.

"What time is it?" I asked

"7:00. Better get back to your cabin and get ready. Breakfast ends at 7:45" Her dad said

I got up off their couch and was quickly walking toward the door.

"Before you go would you like a cinnamon roll, Hun?" Sarah's mom said. I nodded and took one. I said "thank you" and walked out the door.

As soon as I shut the door I ran to my cabin and quickly changed clothes. I got ready. Did the normal things people do in the mornings.

I ran to the breakfast hall and fixed a plate and ate it quickly. So far I had been at the camp for a month and two weeks. It went by faster than I expected. Soon I would leave... No. I don't want to think about that.that means never seeing Sarah again and going back to a life of fame and crap. All of this would seem like a dream.

I saw Sarah's dad was walking over to me. I just continued to eat my eggs and bacon like I didn't notice.

Then He was standing beside me. He told to get up and follow him.
I did so. He lead me to a corner. I assumed he just wanted to talk in private. I didn't think there was anything special about this old corner.

I assumed correctly.

"I need you to explain something to me." He said

"What's that, sir?"

"I heard something last night. It just doesn't make much sense." He explained.

"Sir, what is it?" He seemed worried or scared or... I don't know. He took his cowboy hat off. I realized that was the first time I had seen him without his hat on. He scratched his bald head.

"I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I heard you and my daughter talking. She said somethin' about mosquitoes then you said somethin' 'bout not havin' to worry 'bout 'em in LA" his country accent was really staring to show through. I never noticed it before except for when he said "y'all". No one says "y'all" in LA. Wait... He heard what I said last night? But..

I had to think of a lie."Oh! That. I'm from Louisiana. I just call it LA because Louisiana is such a mouthful." It was the only thing I could think of. I remembered my fifth grade teacher teaching us the states and their a abbreviations. She was probably one of my favorite teachers I ever had. I still can't remember but a few abbreviations. Louisiana being one of them. I remember Texas and Mississippi. Alaska and New Mexico. Washington and , of course, California. That's about it.

"You want to know a secret, Jared?"

I nodded. Hoping that he was going to drop the subject.

"I know that's a lie and you best not tell me lies." He said.

"Sir, I-" he cut me off

"I want the truth, son."

"Sir, I.." I paused, checking to see if he was going to cut me off again "can't tell you." I didn't know what else to say and I couldn't tell him who I was.

"Son, you need to tell me." He argued.

"I really don't." I said back. Right then I didn't feel the usual fear of him. I just felt that I needed him to get off my case.

"Jared, I don't want you seeing my daughter anymore."

"I'm sorry sir but what does this have to do with Sarah?"

"I don't want a liar dating my daughter." He answered.

"But, sir, I-" I tried to say

"Go finish your eggs." I did as he told me. I didn't want to try to argue with him now. That fear that left me for a second had returned.

"And Jared?" I turned as he called my name again.

"Don't bother going on the trail ride today." The trail ride was a weekly ride where we got to go through the most beautiful parts of the property. We weren't allowed to go to those places when it wasn't during the trail ride.

I nodded but I was sad. I really enjoyed those peaceful rides. It was nice having peace and quiet after the hustle and bustle of LA.

I sat back down and ate my eggs. I looked up and Sarah was waving at me. I just smiled nervously and started eating my eggs again.

She started waving again. I acted like I didn't notice. I felt so bad ignoring her but I was too scared of her dad to disobey him. If there was one thing I knew about these southern people it was that they knew how to use a gun.

She stopped waving and grabbed her tray. She came up to me and sat down next to me.

"What's up?" She said

"Just eating" I said.

I figured I could just tell her what her dad had said to me. So I did

I told her how he overheard our mosquito conversation. I told her how I lied to him. I told her that I couldn't talk to her. I told her that I just couldn't tell anyone else that I'm famous because then word would get around and the one place in the country that I'm not famous , that I'm just a normal teenage boy, would be gone.

"We could date behind his back." Sarah suggested.

"No, I respect your dad." I explained.

"So what are we going to do?"

"What your dad told me to do. We can't see each other. At least until I can get him to trust me again." I tried to smile at her. She looked disappointed.

"But we can still be friends right?" She asked.

"Sarah, your dad said not to see you. I shouldn't even be talking to you now." I tried to get her to understand.

"He said not to see me. So we'll just have to meet where we can't see each other." She said. I don't know what goes on I that clever little mind if her's but whatever it was scared me.

AN

Sorry I didn't post the chapter for a couple of days. I had homework and other stuff.

Read: Guys,I may not be adding new chapter for a while because I need to to some editing. I'm going to be editing Chapters 1-10. I'll be adding some filler chapters and things. So I won't be writing anything new for a while. I'm very sorry but I need to do this otherwise this book would be like 15 chapters long. I can't tell you how sorry I am for this.

I love you all!!

Happy reading!!!