Chapter 6

The next day came and it was raining again. Stacie liked the rain but the sunshine had been a nice change. She got on the bus and sat down in the only available seat. Next to Kaitlyn. Stacie wondered how this was going to end up. It turned out from the talk that someone had found out that the rumor Kaitlyn started about her seeing the colors was false and were all mad about it. "This is utterly ridiculous" thought Stacie. She didn't care about what they were talking about so she pulled out her book and started reading. She had only gotten through a paragraph when Kaitlyn suddenly asked her something. "Have you ever seen the colors?" asked Kaitlyn. "Yeah" replied Stacie before she thought about what she was saying. "Wait no, no I haven't" said Stacie quickly once she realized what she had said. Kaitlyn and her friends just rolled their eyes and started talking again.

They eventually got bored with the topic and forgot about it but all Stacie could think of was how stupid she was. You can't tell Kaitlyn anything unless you want the whole school to find out. She couldn't believe she had just said that. "I'm such an idiot" she thought as the bus pulled into the school.

She got off of the bus and went to find Victoria. I didn't take long and immediately after Stacie walked up to her she described what happened. "That was a stupid move" laughed Victoria after Stacie was done. "I know" said Stacie. "Well, related to that, you're gonna do the plan today" said Victoria. "Yes, yes, I will" said Stacie. The bell signaling that they have to go to their classes sounded and they headed their separate ways.

She went to homeroom and just ignored everyone while she went over the plan in her head. When the bell rang she got up and left the room quickly. When she got to the door of her math classroom however, she hesitated for just a moment. Then she went in. She got to her seat and put her stuff under her desk. When she had finished that she got up and went over to where Steph was sitting. James was in that class and Steph just happened to sit a couple seats away from him. She talked with Steph for a couple minutes and then started her course of action. She shuffled her feet a little so she was within arms reach of James. She tapped him on the shoulder. Nothing happened. She hadn't realized she had been holding her breath until he spun around and asked her why she had touched him. "Uh, um, do you have a pencil I could borrow?" she asked quickly. "No" he said and turned back around in his seat. The teacher walked in and Stacie quickly went back to her seat. She pulled out her sheet of paper and recorded her findings with James while her heart rate returned to normal.

She made a mental note to breath next class when she was going to test Steve. She went to the locker room and got into her P.E. uniform then went out into the gym. No one but the teachers and a couple students were there yet so she walked around the gym like they always do. She kept an eye out for Steve. She finally found him later when the crowd had thickened in the middle of a group of boys. "How am I gonna do this" she thought.

She didn't have a chance until, quite by accident, they ended up in the same assigned group as one another. She began to think that she might actually have a chance to touch him when they started the activity (which was dribbling a basketball to the other person and back then tossing the ball to them). The entire 8 person group except for Stacie and Steve was made up of girls who had a crush on the school superstar. When the teacher told them to separate from their groups into partners Steve looked around and sighed. Stacie just stood in the back of the group and tried not to look at Steve, hoping he would pick her so that she could touch him. The other girls surrounded Steve and kept asking him to be their partner. "That's pathetic" thought Stacie. He finally spotted Stacie ignoring him and chose her to be his partner. Stacie acted annoyed so he wouldnt pick someone else. The others girls stared daggers at her. It was all she could do to keep from laughing about the whole situation.