Chapter Twenty-Four: This cabin looks like the f.ucking Park Avenue Liquor Shop

"Camping?" I repeated the word that had just escaped Aaron's lips.

"Camping." He confirmed.

"Please enlighten me on what has possessed you to think that camping was the best way to spend our weekend before I go home."

"It's fun, it's different, it's adventurous." He said, holding up three fingers.

I sighed and stared at the duffle bag at Aaron's feet.

"Do you hate me? Have you completely forgotten that it's winter?"

He rolled his eyes. "I haven't completely forgotten. If it's too cold we can stay at a cabin. Joey's dad has one over by Lake Placid."

"That's where we're going?"

"Yup!"

"You are aware that they made a horror movie about that place, right?"

"They also made Jaws but people aren't too scared to go in the ocean."

"That's a lie."

"There are only some people who are scared of the ocean!" He cut me off.

"Did you know," I said, holding up a finger. "We know more about space than the ocean?"

"Who said anything about the ocean? We're going to a cabin by a lake!"

"Yeah and then we're gonna bump into Jason."

He stared at me like I had three heads. "Are you gonna mention Freddy next?"

"You never know. They probably tag team!"

"We're going."

"No we're not."

"It's all planned out. I have a car. Annie and Joey are already on their way."

"And that's not awkward?"

"Surprisingly no. Even though their girlfriend cheated on both of them with one another."

"My head hurts." I said after thinking about that messed up situation.

"We're going. You already have a bag packed. Now let's go. I gotta stop at the supermarket real quick."

"I hate nature." I whined.

"It hates you too. Now let's go."

I glared at him and grabbed my coat which he was holding out.

I begrudgingly buttoned up my blue peacoat and slid on my grey Hunter rain boots.

Aaron shrugged on his own black coat and placed a baseball cap backwards on his head and placed one precariously on my head as well.

"It's cold. Can't have you getting sick." He said, pecking my cheek.

"I can't even pull these off." I grumbled, tossing it on the coffee table. I went to his room and rummaged through the mess of sweaters and jeans on his floor before triumphantly pulling out a charcoal beanie that was made of the softest material I've ever felt.

I placed it on my head and stepped outside, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

Aaron was watching me and a look of realization hit him.

"Shit! I almost forgot." He snapped before running into his room. I heard him rummaging through his things and saw him pull out a dark brown bag.

I could faintly see the words Louis Vuitton.