II

Chapter II

Marina wasn't stupid, she knew she was pretty, she had always been, pretty and wanted whereever she would go, she had boyfriends, she had "close friends", she had teachers falling for her, but she wanted greater things, she loved her mother, but she had to admit she had only gotten the rich man because of her looks, it was obvious, she didn't blame her on either, we work with what we got right?

In the end, she could always tell when someone was flirting with her, well, until now at least, because on that day at the pool, she was sure Lana was flirting with her, but whatever it was seemed to have stopped, because while everyone was being casual and friendly to each other, Lana was the only one being rude to her, going out of her way to be rude to her.

But she never wanted to be like this for herself, she never wanted for people to look at what's she had accomplished and blame it on a rich husband or boyfriend,she wanted to get herself up, that's why she studied and why she dedicated to everything, but she had to admit, getting enrolled in Kent HS and having Mr. Grant constantly noticing how smart she was had been good.

And rich kids school wasn't as bad as she imagined it would be, she even made some friends, something she never even dreamed would happen most of them were Charlie's friends but still, it was nice having people to hang out with and talk outside of school.

It was the morning before school she was in the kitchen with Chuck and Charlie, the maid was going to make her breakfast but Marina dismissed the woman "I can make my own breakfast ok, why don't you nurse those two big babies."

She was comfortable enough with them to even crack some jokes, and she was grateful for that, for them not being as entitled and annoying as she imagined they would, well with almost all of them, with the exception of the elder, Lana, whom had just walked in the kitchen.

Apart from the little interaction on the pool party they had barely spoken few words to each other, Marina could so tell when she was not wanted and this girl, really didn't want her around.

"Where's Mila?"She asked her brother's regarding the maid. "I think she's on the yard." Lana poured herself a large cup of coffee and scoffed. "Great.What am I supposed to eat?!" Marina felt as the woman turned to her. "Hey! Can you make me one of those."

Marina looked back at her. "Sure, can you get me the cheese on the fridge." But by the time she turned again Lana was already sat down and was reading a newspaper. "Oh, you can get it for me." Marina wasn't really expecting that rude answer and couldn't really respond to it, instead she just went to the fridge and picked the cheese herself.

She made the eggs and placed the plate in front of her, Lana mouthed a thank you and proceeded to eat, she left her plate on the table and left after finishing.

"Hey, don't stress it, Lana's a bit of an asshole sometimes." Charlie said.

"Most of them times, actually." Chuck continued as they laughed.

The days passed and with them the initial awkwardness between the family also passed, people were getting along much better Charlie had been spending more time at home thanks to Julie, apparently Ellie was right, because Rob was present on the company the exact amount that Lana needed for him to be, and Marina and Charlie, had become best friends, they shared classes, came and went from school to gather and spent most of their time to gather, Lana wanted to say she wasn't a little jealous, but truth was she was, and a lot.

She even voiced it to Ellie, about her "worry" that maybe Charlie was planning on boning his stepsister and how sick it would be, but truth was, since the party almost two months ago, few things were as present in Lana's mind as Marina was, she craved the girl, she desired her, she fuck Ellie picturing the girl on her place and she fucked a hooker picturing Marina.