everything written has been an idea from me.  any other idea you have come across is coincidental.     -sika

Lee Nara

it's 9pm, and i'm the only person left in the library across the road from my apartment. i didn't want to go back, since my roommate brought her boyfriend over, probably doing things that are too inappropriate for me to be in the room next to them with a paper thin wall in between. the end of year exams were coming anyway, so i couldn't waste any time going out with my friends... that i have none of.

coming later on in the school year really makes it hard to fit in. but it has become a benefit because i'm not being disturbed by anyone. time went by, and i was kicked out of the library. checking the time on my phone, i choked on my saliva. it was 12am already and i really didn't want to go home.

i walk along the icy cold streets, looking for a fast food chain that was open 24 hours a day so that i could pull an all nighter, studying for all the exams i have on the 31st of December. i ended up going to mc donalds, even though i hated being in an environment like this.

i push up my circular glasses finding a corner to sit in before scattering my books all over the table. my dad has left Korea to pursue his career as an architect in Japan and my mum was a model, travelling the world and filming all different types of commercial's and promoting products, and i was left to learn how to survive myself.

-----

1st of January -the start of a new year

it was 5am and i decided it was time to go back to the apartment, even though i recall my roommate saying 'we'll be at it all day and all night.' 

welp, i have no choice.

i slowly walked towards my apartment with my hoodie over my head, looking down. i was stupid thinking no one will be on the streets at this time. i fell to the ground after a man had shoved past me, shots of pain going up and down my arm.

he mumbled a sorry, walking straight past, without helping me up. annoyed, i gathered  my books, suddenly picking up a book i've never took from the library. looking at the worn out and batter book, i shrugged and took it with me.

---------

my exams were over and i'm in my room, looking at the extremely tattered book, wondering if it was from that dick who bumped into me or if it was from the ground. flipping to the first page, there was a name written in bold in the top left hand corner of the book.

'CHOI HANSOL'

i knit my eyebrows together, having no idea who he was. the book was called 'Eleanor and Park' and somehow, even though i am a book worm, never have i EVER read this book before. curious, i was about to open up the first page, when suddenly, my roommate barges into my room.

'just so you know, my boyfriend is coming over again tonight, so get ready to leave or i'll kick your ass out of here' she smirks, slamming my door shut after. sighing, i put the book in my backpack and get out of the apartment before her roommate can say another word.

'i just want this year to end'

i look up at the sky as the clouds start to cover the bright sun, making my shadow disappear.

-ring ring-

me: hello?

unknown: hey, um, i think i bumped into you yesterday, and i accidentally took your book and you probably have mine now.

me: you're choi hansol right?

unknown: oh my holy- how did you know?

me: there's a name in the book?..

i smile at his shocked voice, it's has been so long since she's felt happy.

choi hansol: well um, i found your number written in the book but you didn't put down a name, so i hope this book is for you?

me: probably, haha i'll meet you in the library opposite where we bumped into each other.

choi hansol: aiight then, may i ask for your name though?

me: ah, it's lee nara.

choi hansol: aw cute name. anyway, laters.

i blush as the phone call ended, smiling by myself foolishly.

wow, that's the first compliment i've ever gotten. that felt really nice.

i walk across the road to the the library, thinking about the guy who could make me happier than i have been in the past few years.

'maybe i can finally change my life.'

_____________________

hello peoples, i'm -sika and i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and please tell other people to read as well <3 ily