Chapter 20

Cairo stood on the half empty stage. All that was left was a microphone in a stand. As usual he was alone. He had been tricked into cleaning up. Man was he gullible. Each broom sweep was filled with pathetic sorrow. Even the broom pitied him. All he wanted was to have someone to hold. He didn't enjoy this feeling. It was not for lack of trying. The room was just filled with his melancholy.

He pondered how he had gotten here. The choir concert had gone well

All the lights went out.

He panicked. There was a possibility he could fall off the stage. Where was those light switches. There was no movement for he feared falling. His eyes weren't adjusting as fast to the darkness as he'd like. He closed his eyes and wished away the darkness. There was no noise. Not a sound. All he could hear was his own heartbeat.

Then the stage lights came on. Cairo was petrified. Fear swarmed his body. The big black curtains started to rise. They were no longer touching the floor. Now there were no more curtains. He was exposed for all to see. There was a clear danger in the PAC so he decided to leave. He headed for the door then he was hit with a black metal music stand.

He stumbled backwards. He ran In the opposite direction but the killer got a hold of his ugly cardigan. He slowed a bit. There was a piercing pain in his back. The music stand was being pressed into his back. It almost caused him to bleed. He stopped running due to the pain.

He was being drug by his hair to the middle of the stage. What did the killer have in store for him? They reached the middle of the stage. The microphone was right next to them. The killer forced his mouth open and shoved it on the mic. Cairo started choking on it. When it went down it turned on. You could hear him whining on the speakers. It was booming loud. The killer unplugged the chord and wrapped it around his throat. He was led my the chord to stage left. The killer made one set of curtains come down

Cairo was stapled to the curtains by his clothes. Some of the staples went through his skin. Cairo was practically dead. He was attached to the curtain. The killer went to the box and made the curtain go back up to the ceiling. Bye bye Cairo. He disappeared into the rafters.

A clapping noise emitted from the audience. A spectator came to show. The killer bowed in their greatness. They had done the undoable. The lights went off and the show was over.