✿Prologue✿

✱✱✱

Noah plopped down onto his bed. He had just finished unpacking all of his clothes and putting them away. Now he needs to unpack his books and his other stuff, but it's pretty late, so it'll have to wait until later.

Him and his dad just moved from Florida to California. His dad found a great job here and Noah was having problems in Florida anyway. At school and at home.

Two years ago, when Noah was 15, he came out as gay to his mom and dad. His dad was very supportive, unlike his mother. She was not happy at all, constantly putting Noah down and saying very rude things. His mom and dad were constantly fighting, until his dad finally kicked her out of the house. Noah felt horrible for that, he knew it was all his fault. He hated himself and he cried to sleep many nights.

When his dad found out about how Noah was feeling he was quick to reassure him that it wasn't his fault and that he didn't choose to be gay. He also made sure that Noah knew that there was nothing wrong with being gay.

When people at school found out he was gay he was bullied. Especially when Noah started dressing in clothes that were considered feminine. He just felt better about himself when he was wearing dresses or skirts. He felt pretty. His dad supported him through everything and when he got the job opportunity in California he jumped on it.

He knew his son needed a change and he hoped people would be more accepting in California. Of course he did know that there would still be trouble, but he hoped his son would be treated better. He seriously thought about having Noah homeschooled, but that cost a lot of money that he didn't have. Especially since he recently got divorced.

Noah was excited to go to California. He figured that he would have much more to do there than in his little Florida town.

✱✱✱

A/N: This is my first story!! And I'm really excited. If anyone reads this please tell me what you think. :)

The rest of the story will be in first person.