✿Chapter Two✿

✱✱✱

[Noah's P.O.V.]

Later in the day Clark escorts me to the cafeteria, his hand holding mine and then leaves quickly, mumbling something about having things to do.

So far my day has been going well, which I was sure to assure my dad when he texted me throughout the day. Five periods have gone by and I've gotten some stares and I can tell people have been whispering. As long as there isn't any violence, I think I'll be fine. I can handle a few mean words.

The only thing that has really upset me is that I haven't seen Delilah at all. Hopefully she has lunch with me and I can sit by her.

I go through the lunch line and crinkle my nose in distaste. The food here doesn't look any better than it did at my old school. I pick up a tray with a styrofoam bowl of taco soup on it and make my way down the line. There are apples and frozen peaches to choose from and I grab some of the frozen peaches.

I tell the lady at the checkout my name and she gives me my lunch number and then I give her ten dollars to put into my account.

"Noah!" I hear my name being called and quickly turn towards the sound. Delilah is sitting at a table with a couple of other people. She is raised slightly above her seat, frantically waving one hand at me.

I smile at her and wave back, walking towards her little group. Sitting at the table is Delilah, two other girls, and two boys.

"Hi Delilah. Does the offer to sit with you still stand?" I question once I get closer to her.

"Oh course, silly! Sit down and I'll introduce you to everyone!" She states excitedly. I giggle and sit in the seat next to hers.

"Okie dokie," she starts, "this is Alice, Savannah, Leo, and Ethan!" She says as she points to each person. After she does that she tells them who I am.

Alice has smooth looking dark brown skin and hair to match. Her eyes are a light brown with a hint of green and they are just mesmerizing. If I wasn't gay, I would probably have a crush on her. She's gorgeous, so is Savannah.

Savannah is tall and skinny with long blond hair and blue eyes. Her nose is long and thin, but it really complements her face. Her and Alice both give me smiles when Delilah points to them.

Leo has got dark brown hair, like myself, and Ethan has blond hair. Leo's hair is long and curly though, while mine is short and straight. Unlike Savannah, Ethan's eyes are brown. Leo also has dark brown eyes.

Delilah's hair is long and black, a stark contrast against her pale skin and blue eyes. I can't help but to wonder if she dyed her hair so dark.

"Glad to have another guy in our group! Now we are even." Leo says and smiles, but his smile quickly falls.

"I-I mean if you identify as a guy! If you don't that's cool too!" He quickly stutter and his cheeks turn pink. I mentally coo at that. He looks adorable.

"I do identify as a guy." I say, chuckling. I send him a smile so he knows I'm not offended or anything. He sighs in relief and smiles back.

"Anywayyyys..." Ethan starts, " welcome to the group. Delilah couldn't stop talking about how adorable you were since she met you this morning." He states with a grin. Savannah and Alice nod there heads in agreement and Delilah blushes.

"Well you are! Look at you with your pretty green eyes and chubby cheeks!" She says and pokes once of my cheeks. Now it's my turn to blush, which only makes things worse.

"So.. how are you liking the school so far Noah?" Alice asks, looking at me with a curious expression.

I sigh and answer. "It's been okay so far, I haven't had any, you know, problems. Like, with other students."

She nods her head. "If you do have any you should come tell us. We'll take care of it." She states seriously and I fell my heart swell. I hardly know these people and they are already trying to look out for me.

"So where are you coming from, Noah?" Leo asks and I answer. The rest of the lunch is filled with them asking me about my life in Florida.

"Uh oh." Savannah says with a grimace, looking towards the cafeteria door. Standing there is Clark, presumably waiting for me to go to my next class.

"What is it?" I ask curiously. Savannah bites her lip and looks towards Delilah. Everyone else has already went to their next class.

"You see that boy over there," Delilah says and points at Clark, "stay away from him, if you know what's good for you. He's serious trouble." She remarks seriously and my stomach feels queasy.

"How is he trouble?" I ask quietly and she just shakes her head.

"I'll tell you later, I have to get to class." She answers.

"He seems nice. He's been showing me where my classes are all day." I mumble and look down at my dirty black converse.

"Oh no. Just.. be careful, okay? He specializes in playing people." She says as the bell rings signaling we are late for our next period. She tells me bye and leaves me feeling nervous.

Clark has been nothing but nice to me, really. But Delilah wouldn't lie, would she? I shake off the thought and walk up to Clark. He's just showing me around, what bad could happen?

✱✱✱