Chapter Seven

"So I'm a badass babe, huh?"

Stopping the twirling of my study chair by letting his legs fall to the ground, Justin stared at me; his lips twitching up to form the most familiar smirk I admit I'm growing to like, rather than dislike. Averting my gaze nervously to the window above him, I took a quick gulp to try and calm down.

I just sensed the fact that he would just—

"Don't you just love my new nickname for you?" He snickered, flopping down on the bed so that his head was now fixated on my lap and I was trying to juggle between catching my breath because his face—my womanhood and reading and relaxing.

"Sure," I nonchalantly answered, hoping I didn't allow any slight hints of emotions to slip out at the same time. "I just never knew I was a badass, because I read, I wear geeky glasses and I most certainly don't behave like a player," I snorted, antagonizing him.

It's a playful quarrel—one that after these two months, we've gotten used to. We would go through like a quarrel almost every day, this was no surprise.

"Oh, come on, when are you going to just give me a chance and prove to you that I want you? God, it's been three months since I last even flirted with a girl because I've been so busy with my  job and wooing you."

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders, flashing him a small smirk when he faced up to look at me. "Until I want you too, I'll let you know."

"But I wanna kiss you again. . ." He pouted, making me gulp again—my anxiety bubbling up inside my chest. Okay, so if I were to be honest, I actually I want to kiss him too, but. . . Ugh, I need to just, control myself for a while more.

Yes, a while more because I've decided to give in because I really couldn't stand it anymore. I don't know, hanging out with him these couple of days have lessened my weak side; don't know why or how.

Deciding to challenge him, I flashed him a small smirk. "Then why don't you come forth and do so? No one's stopping you, unless you want me to do just that. . ."

"You're fucking with me, aren't you?" He chuckled, taking it easy. "Don't tease me, it's not exactly funny, you know. I'm hereby admitting I'm beyond desperate to make out with you again—"

"I'm being honest," I raised my eyebrows, letting the book in my hands to fall out and land on the empty space beside me. "I said, kiss me since that's what you want to do. Hey, I'm giving you permission, you know that?"

"Wait—"

"Oh, so you don't want to?" I threatened, pushing his head off my stomach with my hands as I rolled away from him without bothering to hear him out. "Fine, then, go kiss other girls—"

"Fucking shit, I'm going to get you like," he paused with a growl, crawling towards me seductively; his hair in a mess and his leather jacket nearly crumpled on his body, "now."

"No, I've already given you permission but you refused to take it so now it's gone and you can't do it anymore," I huffed, hiding the playfulness behind it as I pulled a pillow up and covered it over my face to block my lips out.

That dumb idea coming from my brain was so not me. 

I was aware I could've done something else but this, ugh. Wrongest move ever.

Skillfully hovering over me, Justin stretched his legs to either side of me before snatching the pillow away from my face, but being the coward (also known as me) I kept my eyes squeezed shut and slapped my palm over my mouth.

I gave out a noise that told Justin I still wasn't going to kiss him, but I heard him chuckle before jabbing my sides with his fingers. 

"Can you chill out? I'm not going to kiss you, I just wanna—well, hug you."