Chapter 3 - Wild Imagination.

“How the hell did you get a nail through your foot?” Derek inquired looking to Meg in disbelief, sure his girlfriend was injured but he was more perturbed by the fact that Isaac was still carrying her in his arms all the way into the apartment.

“Is that really the biggest problem here right now?” Meg snapped through gritted teeth while trying to fight the throbbing pain. Isaac gently set her down on top of the table. Derek pulled up a chair and sat down to inspect the sole of her foot, the nail had dug in deep and it was sticking out from the otherwise, it was hard to find the head of the nail it had dug in deep and it was actually stopping the blood flow.

“We found an abandoned house and we went inside to check it out and well naturally Meg being herself fell through the floor boards.” Isaac was more scolding than concerned, she gaped at his words.

“That was a complete accident; I didn’t mean to fall through and why are you complaining? I am the one with a nail through my foot!” she exclaimed gesturing widely to her injured foot that was stretched out in front of her.

“I used to complain a lot, but then I took a nail through the foot.” Isaac’s words jarred her out of her agitation; she looked to him with a wide grin.

“Nice!” She commended before they high-fived. Meg smile instantly fell when Derek brought over a set of pliers and a flask with water filled halfway.

“Whoa what’s that for?”She demanded in alarm, Derek looked up to find them staring at him in question.

“I can’t just grab it and pull it out; the nail has dug in too deep.” He answered simply, Meg was anxious but nodded in acceptance, either way she trusted Derek plus the nail was really starting to hurt. He clamped the pliers over the head of the nail and Meg flinched when the collision reverberated through the metal making the ache worse.

“Okay on three, one…” He pulled out the nail swiftly and Meg hunched over and her knee bent in reaction to the agony that shot up her leg.

“FOTHERMUCKER!” she cursed as she sat up and clutched her foot  to her chest while glaring at Derek who quickly placed the bloody nail into a flask of water, the piece of metal fell and clanged against the glass. He had brought a bundle up piece of cloth and pressed it to the wound and Meg held it there.

“You said three, you promised!” She pouted unshed tears starring her dark lashes, he wanted to caress her face and apologize but Isaac’s presence was more than evident.

“I got the nail out didn’t I?” He retorted, Meg continued to pout and pet her foot affectionately.

“That must have left one giant gaping—oh hey it’s already healed.” She breathed in amazement gently fingering the soft base of her foot, only the blood remained other than that the wound had completed healed.

“Look at that, how are you guys not amazed by this?” She cried out in astonishment, abruptly holding up her foot for them to see, Derek and Isaac exchanged looks at her obvious fascination with pretty much everything.

“I am more amazed you got a nail through the foot in the first place.” The blonde male added, Meg chuckled awkwardly and looked to Derek who was resisting the urge to smile, then he sat up from his stool grabbing the flask in the process.

“Hey hey where are you going with that?” She exclaimed making him freeze mid turn and stare down at her.

“What you want it back in there?” He retorted mockingly, she dead-panned.

“No I want to keep it; I never had a nail in my foot before.” Derek gave her a look that questioned her sanity, she stretched out her hand expectantly, he sighed and shook his head before handing her the flask and she took it eagerly, she chagrined and he rolled his eyes before walking off to wash his hands.