Unspoken Words

Song: Treacherous by Taylor Swift

Newt's POV

Put your lips close to mine, as long as they don't touch.

Thin glass separates us. A layer of mist appears where you're breathing heavily against the glass. I'm shaking, and I can't deny that I'm scared. They're taking me somewhere, I don't know where. Your fists pound against the wall, but all I hear is silence. You say something. I don't hear it.

Out of focus, eye to eye; till the gravity's too much.

I've been counting the days, months, years that's passed with us stuck in this bloody place. I don't remember anything before the four cold, rattling walls of the box they sent me up in. I don't know how to get out. I don't know if we can get out. 

And then you arrive, and it's like I've seen you before. You're scared. I was scared. But you're brave, I wasn't. I think I see you in myself. And you looked at me, barely a glance, yet so intense, and I felt this fire, this fire I hadn't felt in a long time, reignite. I realised it was hope.

And I'll do anything you say, if you say it with your hands.

Remember the campfire night? I told you about the Maze. I wanted out, I wanted out so bad. And I knew, I just knew that we could depend on you. But then I caught your eye, and I changed my mind. I wouldn't let you do this, to yourself, to me. I saw the determination that would undoubtedly get you killed. Drag you under like it did me.

And I'd be smart to walk away, but you're quicksand.

I always believed in you, and I always will. Even when I'm not on this Earth anymore. You've got that spark in you, and I know you'll find a way out, out of all this mess. The others trust you, I trust you. And I've trusted you since the beginning. I hadn't known why, why there was that stupid fluttering I couldn't quite tamper down, why it was me who felt that everything was going to be okay again when I was the one reassuring you.

This slope is treacherous - this path is dangerous.

And you looked me in the eye and I realised it was because I loved you. It's a slippery slope, love is. And I fell down so fast. It hurts, hurts now, but I don't regret it. I only wish you felt the same, but not everything can be perfect, can it? 

I know you can do it, Tommy. It's over for me, but it doesn't have to be for you.

This slope is treacherous, but I like it.

~

Thomas POV

I can't decide if it's a choice, getting swept away.

They say love is like a bullet train hitting you at full force. But really, it's slower. It builds up, from strangers, to acquaintances, to friends, to lovers. Some don't get to the last step. Some have to let go.

It's full of small, insignificant moments you get caught up in, and sleepless nights wondering, just wondering, if there's a possibility to do this differently if we'd been born in better eras. 

I think we could make it work. We've done so much, haven't we?

I just wish you'd be here to see it.

I hear the sound of my own voice, asking you to stay.

I begged you, Newt, I begged you. I begged you to stay with us, and I promised that we'd find a cure. I promised! 

I think I get you, though I really wish I didn't. You're at peace now. No more war, no more WICKED. I hope you're happy. I want you to be happy. I really do.