Truth or Dare

Thomas POV

"Newt, I really don't want to go to the party," I whined, plopping down on the bed. I looked up at my best friend Newt, who stood in front of me, exasperated.

"Tommy, come on, it's just a bloody party. It's Teresa's birthday, you have to be there," Newt replied, taking off his sweatshirt to change to a plaid button down.

I watched, seeming uninterested, as he changed. But inside, my heart was thudding with his every movement. I must have been staring, becausd he said, "like what you see?"

I blushed a little; luckily I was able to hide it well. I laughed it off, and he did too. We were best friends - we all knew it was a joke, that we'll be of course seeing other people. But there was just a teeny bit of truth in our jokes. Or at least mine.

I didn't know when I had started falling for him this way. As far as I remembered, we'd been best friends since we were young. But during those adolescent years where we had gone through the most troubles, he was there for me, and I for him. And slowly but surely, I began to see him in a different light. A new light.

But I'd never told him, though I couldn't make myself see other people. I didn't want to go to parties, either, because parties meant getting drunk and getting drunk meant bad descisions. Which brings me back to my point...

I blinked as Newt snapped his fingers in front of me, asking me to get ready. I sighed. There was no getting out of this. I just had to make sure to not get drunk.

~

"Truth or dare, Thomas?" A very slurred voice rang beside my ear. I rolled my eyes when a drunk Minho patted my back a little too hard. It was late into the night, though the party was still in full swing. To take a break from the dancing and drinking, Minho, Newt, Teresa, Minho's girlfriend Sonya, Brenda and I had decided to play a little game in Teresa's lavishly decorated room.

Minho was already drunk out of his mind, blurting out words and songs at random intervals. Not that it was anything the rest of us couldn't deal with, of course, being friends for the past few years. Newt was a little drunk, still drinking, while the girls took "dainty" sips of cocktails and acted like, well, girls.

And staying true to my word, I had barely drunk anything. Only a beer or two so I wouldn't seem out of place, but I was still relatively clear in the head. At least I think I was.

"So Thomas, truth or dare?" Minho asked, then added in a not-so-soft whisper, "don't be a shucking sissy."

"That doesn't mean I'm going to lick Glitter Girl over there," I pointed to a girl on the dance floor covered entirely in bright glitter, who Minho had joked about daring someone to lick the glitter off a few minutes ago. "Speaking of which," I continued, "Teresa, you should really control yout own damn party."

"Nah, she's fine," Teresa replied with a wave of her hand.

"I choose... truth. This round." I said, waiting in both anticipation and dread for their embarrassing questions.

"If you could choose to sleep naked next to any of us, who would you choose?" Minho blurted out, proceeding to giggle like a schoolgirl.

I blushed immediately. "What?!" I asked, shocked, but everyone was looking at me, anticipating my answer. Slowly, I said it out, "Newt... Because we're best friends and it wouldn't be as awkward," I quickly explained, my face already flushed. I looked over to Newt, who looked surprised and was blushing as well. The image of us sleeping next to each other - without clothes on - was enough to make me hyperventilate and blush like crazy. 

I need to get my head straight.

"OOH, NEWTMAS!" Minho shouted loud enough for the whole house to hear, if not for the blaring music. Newt and I blushed simultaneously.

"Newt, truth or dare?" I immediately tried to change the subject, asking Newt who was on my right. 

"Dare," he replied, looking smugly at all of us. 

"Okay Newt, kiss Thomas," Minho shouted before I had a chance to say my question.

"Hey! It was my turn!" I punched Minho lightly in the arm, while the rest of my friends were all chanting "kiss, kiss, kiss..."

"Oh my god..." I muttered under my breath, turning to face Newt. He was biting his lip, looking down, and all of a sudden I didn't know what to do. "Uhh..." I began to say.

Suddenly Newt looked up, pressing his lips against mine. I was taken by surprise, but my initial shock faded into delightful bliss as my mouth moved against his. Unknowingly, my hands went around him, gasping the material of his shirt-

"Okay guys, that's enough, get a shucking room," came Minho's voice next to me. I started, and hastily pulled away, licking my lips. He was smiling though, as were the rest of the group, all trying to hide their bloody giggles.

"Holy shit," Newt muttered next to me, and I thought that described the situation perfectly.

The rest of the game was not nearly as exciting, and we were all too tired to keep awake any longer. Finally, the party ended and Teresa shooed the guests home in a very Teresa fashion, then invited us to stay over. We gladly accepted.

And of course, there weren't enough rooms. One was for Minho and Sonya, the other Teresa and Brenda, and the last Newt and I. Not that I was complaining, no, of course not, after what had happened.

I sighed as I laid on my back next to Newt. I was exhausted, but I couldn't sleep.

"Tommy," Newt started.

"Yeah?"

"I guess I have some things to explain, huh," he paused, taking a deep breath. I waited in silence, anticipating his next words. "I... Well I kind of like you. A lot. More than friends."

I smiled, my heartbeat finally slowing down. Yes!

I rolled to my side, my arm snaking around his body, and pulled him closer to me. "Me too, Newt," I breathed, snuggling up to him as his arm wrapped around my body. 

And with that, we fell asleep in each other's arms.

A/N: *Gasp* just imagine them cuddling awwwww I kept smiling to myself stupidly when I wrote this XD I tried to write in 3rd person at first but I failed hahaha

I hope you like this! Please vote if you do, and comment your feedback! Thank you <3