Chapter 24~Hes Awake & The Other Side

*GIGGLES POV*

I stared silently as Mikey and Jason went up to Louis separately and said what they needed. I saw the tear drop fall off of Mikey's face and onto Louis' motionless hand. I watched as Jason smiled sadly and talked softly to his best friend, seeing the hurt and sadness in his eyes as they looked at the boy.

I walked over, counting my footsteps. My eyes did not leave the floor, for a fear of crying as soon as my eyes hit his lifeless face.

"Hey Louis," I began "I don't know if you can hear me and if you do, I don't know if you would care but I am sorry I'm such an idiot. I am sorry I stepped out in the street and even worse, I am sorry you protected me. I would switch the roles around so it was me in that bed in a heartbeat. Louis, I just want to tell you that in case you didn't know, I am almost positive that I am in love you. So Louis, if you wake up, I promise that I will be faithful to you. I promise, I wont hide my feelings anymore. So Louis please, just wake up"

 I looked up at him as one stray tear fell down my face. I leaned down and kissed him softly on the lips, my tear landing on his cheek. As I pulled away from him, I swear I could see his eyelashes flutter, but I knew it was too many Disney movies getting to the best of me.

I walked out the door behind Mikey and Jason and we all hugged.

"Madison, Nick and Thomas. You guys can go in now" Mikey said as we walked back into the waiting room. I slumped into the seat next to Jordan as he put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

We heard the stamping down of feet as they ran towards us. We turned out head towards the door just as Madison came smashing through.

"LOUIS WOKE UP!" He screamed before being shushed by the bitchy nurse. We all screamed and stood up, hugging and rejoicing.

"He asked for you Giggles" Madison made his way through the joyful crowd. I nodded and he led me back to the room.

I remembered back the promise I made mere minutes ago to Louis. That if he woke up, I would be honest about my feelings. I started getting clammy hands and pivoted on my heel, beginning to walk back to the waiting room. If I never saw him again, I would never have to be honest with him.

"Hey Giggles, c'mon, he really wants to see you" Madison grabbed my wrist and tugged on it to turn me back around.

"I'm no good with relationships and I tend to vomit at the sight of sick people so maybe I should go back there and maybe even back to Florida Starting Problems can live without me I mean..." I was cut off from rambling when Madison put his hand over my mouth. I licked it, and he pulled it away swiftly.

"You are going in that room whether by your own will, or mine" He tried to pull a menacing look that just made me laugh. He grabbed me by the waist and flung me over his shoulder, carrying me into the room as if I was a feather.

He set me down and I patted down my shirt and shot him a glare. He just laughed.

"Giggles" I heard a whisper from across the room. I turned my head to see Louis, his whole body now transformed. The color came back to his cheeks and lips, his motionless hands were now fiddling with the hem of his sheets and his lips were curled into a smile as he beckoned me over.

I ran to his side and hugged him, just to make sure it was real. Sure enough, he laughed and put his arms around me.

"I missed that laugh" I spoke into his neck. I lifted my head up to see that his eyes were focused on my, a slight sparkle playing upon them.

"Funny thing about this coma, I could hear everything while I was asleep" He exhaled as he still kept his eyes on me. "And I heard what you said and I want you to know-"

"I know Louis, you don't have to tell me. I know you don't feel that way and its whatever, we will be going our separate ways in a few days anyway, so it really doesn't matter. You can just forget about me" I cut him off.

Before I could walk out of the door, and his life, he pulled me close and pressed his lips on me. He released me and held me close still as he spoke.

"In the beginning, I never thought it would be you. You were the prankster, the badass, and seemingly not one to fall in love. You were a close friend, but never someone I could see myself spending the rest of my life with. But when you were about to get hit by that truck, it was like I was taken to the other side. I could see the two of us dating, getting married, starting a family, all of it. I had to save your life, even if it meant risking mine. So Giggles, you think you're in love with me but I know I am in love with you" He laughed and pulled me in for another kiss. I pulled away though, remembering something I wanted to say.

"I hope you know, you can call me KellyAnn" I smiled and he laughed.

Things were starting to look up again but we both neglected to acknowledge the fact that in a few days, we will be hundreds of miles away from each other.