Love never dies

Gale pov
The way her hair smells like flowers. The way she can make me smile even in the darkest of times. That's why I love her.
One day, as we were proceeding to climb under the fence in the woods to return back to our houses, we herd that tell tale buzz. The fence was on.
So Katniss and I gathered our things and sat under a big oak tree. We sat for a while, talked a little, and decided it was time to try to sleep, and that we would check to see if we might return home the next day.
I didn't know how to handle this. Katniss was obviously freezing, but I felt like if I wrapped my arm around her or anything, she would take it weirdly, after the games and all with Peeta. "Gale it was an act. It wasn't real." She tells me over and over again. But I love her to much to beleive her, because i don't want to hurt her.
Before I know what's happening, Katniss leans her head down and snuggles into my chest. I wrap my arms around her. Well I guess that takes care of that, I thought.
I tried to sleep that night, but obviously I couldn't, because the girl of my dreams was sleeping right in my arms. So I spend most of the night brushing through Katniss's long brown hair with my fingers. I noticed how she slept. She made faces like she was scared. I wanted to tell her it was alright. That I was here.
She woke up a few times that night in the woods, but I was there to calm her down. To give her a kiss on the temple, or just to squeeze her hand. She finally fell deep into sleep, the kind nobody would want to wake from. She looked peaceful. Relaxed. And much younger than the brave 17 year old I knew my catnip to be. By that time, she was fully cuddled in my lap, head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat. And I thought to myself, a love like this, it doesn't go away. A love like this never dies.