Confusion Convos

"Oh hey"
I quickly wipe the tears away.

"Watcha doing there?" Jakob stares at the ground, kicking the dirt.

Facing back to him I respond, "I was walking to the carpark and I triped over, my phone went somewhere"

"What and you weren't gonna watch my trials ?" he jokes, taking a seat next to me. 

His comment makes me wanders back to the dreadful event

"Umm...yeah, I kinda just feel like heading home," my head drops and an awkward silence fills the air once again.

"Yeah, sorry, I shouldn't of said that, it was a stupid th-."

I interrupt, "No its fine honestly." I know he didn't mean it like that.

He scratches the back of his neck, "It was just an unlucky shot, you did really good tonight though."

"Well not-" I quickly stop, knowing that complaining wasn't helping, "thanks". 

I don't really know how to approach complements, I don't get many apart from the occasional parental encouragement that comes from my mum. For a minute we both just stared into the dark, waiting for the other one to break the silence,while picking at the grass.

"I'm surprised Kate made the shot", he spoke finally breaking the silence.
"I mean she doesn't put any effort into her soccer, the only reason she's gets selected all the time is because her dads well known."

I'm surprised by Jakob's sudden change of attitude,"Harsh...I like it" 

He laughs at my response, "well, I was just stating the facts" 

I like his bitchy side

We continue laughing and for a brief moment I forget about my troubles and laugh at his poor attempt to cheer me up. Soon the moment passes and I catch Jakob looking at his phone. 

"Do you need to go?" I turn back to where the soccer grounds where.

He turned back to me,"soon" he smiles "but not now".

Jakobs P.o.v

"What,you weren't gonna watch my trials ?"

Sh*t.

 I regret the words as soon as they come out. Really Jakob? Of course she didn't want to hang around, Kate and the others would just rub it in her face.

She snaps out of her faze,"Umm...yeah, I kinda just feel like heading home",an awkward silence fills the air. 

Quickly Jakob! Think of something to say.

"Yeah, sorry, I shouldn't of said that, it was a stupid th-."

She interrupts,"No its fine honestly."

Good going Jakob, could you make her feel any worse! Just say something right! 

"It was just an unlucky shot, you did really good tonight."

"Well not-" She quickly stops talking,"thanks".

Well at least you didn't completely ruin any chance of this friendship.

A.N

SO I was going to post more on the US holiday, but I was logged out of my wattpad account when I was restarted my phone and I lost the email and password BUT I GOT IT BACK ! So its all Goooooooooooooood.

I know this is short but its better than nothing.

VOMMENT