Introduction

Song (basically the book's theme song): Oceans by Seafret

--------------------------

People say you don't know what you have until it's gone.

You don't know true pain until you love someone who loves someone else.

So is true pain not watching your mother die and all you can do is stand by watching helplessly.

Is it not your dad turning to alcohol because he can't stand the heartbreak he feels.

Is it not having bruises coloring your skin on days the pain is too unbearable for him.

Is it not having to work two jobs and praying you don't get fired with the amount of times you're late because you end up too sore to move, and you're black and blue.

If it's not those than it must definitely be having to get up each and everyday and just survive, just live, and just act okay.

People tell me I look tired and that I should sleep more.

People tell me I'm too quiet, so I should talk more.

People tell me I have a natural beauty, that I should smile more.

But people don't tell me that I'll be alright, that they're there for me.

They don't tell me that they love me or care about me.

People tell me all the things I should change about myself and how, but they never tell me why.

Short and to the point, but it's important to introduce everyone to my new story. Expect weekly updates. :)