Chapter Ten

**warnings: graphic sexuality**

I sighed as the bell rang through the halls and the stragglers around me, hurried into rooms as all the teachers began to close their doors. I pulled out my Human Behavior work from the mess of papers and books and binders in my locker and shoved it down into my purse, glancing up at my reflection in my locker door.

I let out another deep breath and slammed the door of my locker closed, turning and finally making my way to class, late. Since when have I ever been late to class? I guess all these lessons with Wesley have been distracting me from school. I groaned mentally. This was the last thing I wanted. Having to sit through an hour (well, now 45 minutes) of Ms. Ross' lectures that no one cares about.

 “Paige, wait up!”

I glanced over my shoulder and watched as Savannah approached me with a grin. "Are you excited for tonight?" Savannah asked as we strolled down the hall towards class.

"Yeah! I can't wait for Averi’s party."

"I know, we've been planning it for months now, and I can't wait to see how it looks all put together." Tonight is the big night. Not only because of Averi's party, but because of Wesley too. You know that nervous/excited feeling you get the night before a school trip or something? That's how I feel. "Oh hey, Mr. Smith wants you to stop by the main office before going to class."

"What for?" I asked, scrunching my nose.

"Welcoming committee. It's your turn to show around a new kid." I groaned and shut my locker. The last thing I need is to be stuck dragging some kid around, but it got me out of class.

Savannah and I parted ways, and I made way to the office and entered through the doors. I took a seat in one of the chairs and waited for Mr. Smith to come out.

"Ah, here is your guide now! Paige, I'd like you to meet Luke..." I blinked a couple of times and shook my head, turning and looking up at Luke. Woah! I was not expecting this. Luke is attractive. As in Wesley Stromberg attractive. He has very light brown hair, blue green eyes and a killer smile.

"I'll leave you in Miss Somers' capable hands." Oh shit! I didn't hear a thing he said.

"Spacing out?" Luke asked, flashing me a smile.

"Yeah, sort of." I blushed.

"Happens to everyone. You didn't miss anything important. I gather that you're supposed to escort me to my locker, my classes, and lunch?"

"Okay, that's easy enough. Mind if I peek at your schedule?" I asked and Luke kindly handed me the paper, and waited quietly while I scanned it.

"So what's the verdict? Do they suck?"

"Quite the opposite." I passed him back the paper. "We actually have all the same classes." A smirk appeared on his face as he held the door open for me. I gave him a small smile and went through. "Welcome to HB High." I said as we made our way through the hall. Luke just gave me a blank stare.

"Gee thanks." He gave a sardonic chuckle as he walked next to me. "Could this place be any more of a cliché? I mean you guys have a welcoming committee for crying out loud!" Even I have to admit that it's a little dorky. "All these posters about basketball and the drama club... It's like someone pulled this place out of a Disney movie."

"Okay, so you don't like school spirit. That's cool; just try not to bring the rest of us down." I retorted and Luke smirked, and for a second I thought he really could've been Wesley's twin. "Anyway, we have Ms. Ross first. She's a bit dramatic at first but she isn't the worst teacher."