Chapter 2

Me, along with the other candidates are taken into custody. They are divided and taken into fancy rooms with plush carpets and velvet chairs where each are allowed to say their farewells. I run my fingers over the velvet. Its amazing. My thoughts are shortened by Kirah, Leah and Mother being escorted in by 2 big peace keepers. I run over and hug them all quickly. I look up at my now sobbing mother.
"Look at me" I instruct her trying to remain calm even though I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.
"You need to stay strong, these little girls are going to have a hard time with me gone, and how do you think they'll be able to cope with a crying mother? I love you mom, but please" she nods her head chocking back her tears. I turn my attention to Kirah and Leah. I have tears in their eyes which I wipe.
"M-me and kirah have been thinking..." She bursts into tears leaving Kirah to finish her sentence.
"promise to try to win" she looks at me with hope filled eyes, despite my doubt's about my ability in the competition, i agrees. After I agree, the peace keepers come in and take them away. I sit on the velvet chair beginning to cry. The door had opened again but I didn't care.
"Pretty girls shouldn't cry"
My head shot up and I looked over to see Thresh's father standing in the door way. He makes his way over to sit next to me.
"Wh-what about..." He cuts me off
"I saw Thresh, he told me to come see you"
"Oh... Why?" I asked.
"He said your like his little sister, and he promises to make sure you're the last one standing" I stare at him, unable to speak. The guard comes in and takes him away. I sit back in my seat. Me the last one standing?

++++

At the train station, cameras are everywhere. I look over at thresh and he obviously knows how to mask his emotions. Me, on the other hand, has clearly been crying. Once we're inside the train Levi tells us to change quickly so we can eat. I walk next to thresh to my room.
"I've got you okay?" He says before walking into his room. I bit my lip to hold back the tears, if he's serious about keeping me alive, then that means he dies... I'll miss him a lot. But what if he fails? He doesn't know what to expect this year. What if both of us die? I try to wipe my memory clean as I walk into my room for the next few days. There's a lovely full size bed with silk white sheets in the middle of the room. Next to that, a huge walk in closet. I walk in the room a little further and look to the left, its the shower room. I walked into the shower room and decided to shower. I removed my clothes, put the water on hot and stepped in. I felt my muscles relax. I haven't felt this stress free I'm awhile. I quickly wash my body and step out. I wrap a towel around myself and walk over to the closet. I pick out a navy blue long sleeve shirt and some white pants. I put my hair in a pony tail and walk back out to join thresh and Levi. I sit next to thresh and look at all the food. There's turkey, mashed potatoes, turnips, rolls and butter. My mouth begins to water, we don't get food this good back in district 11. I begin to eat but not even 5 minutes after we started thresh has food all over his face. I giggle a little and thresh raises and eyebrow.
"You have more food on your face then in your mouth" I giggle. He smiles slightly and dips his fingers in mashed potatoes and wipes it on my cheek.
"You've never looked better" I smile. Thresh may look big and bad, but if you get to know him he's really just a big softy. Levi clears her throat and rants on about our table manners and how we need to clean up and meet her in the living room to watch the reapings'. I couldn't help but smile. I walked back to my bathroom and washed the potatoes off my face and sat on the couch next to Levi. Not long after me, thresh came out. Levi turned on the TV and the dealings from each district came on.
Marvel male in the 74th Hunger Games. Marvel was a career tribute from district one.
Glimmer Female tribute in the 74th Hunger Games. She is one of career tributes. from district one.
Cato male in the 74th Hunger Games. From district 2. He looks like he'll be the leader of the Career pack. He's  tall, good looking, and the second largest/physically strongest tribute, slightly smaller than Thresh.
Clove female in the 74th Hunger Games. From district 2. Clove looks like a member of the career pack.
Foxface female in the 74th Hunger Games, from district 5.
Thresh male in the 74th Hunger Games. He was the physically strongest tribute, which will lend him an advantage in the Games, and one of the oldest contenders.
Me female from district 11, along with thresh. I don't really stand a chance in these games. I'm the youngest competitor here.
Peeta Mellark  male tribute from District 12 in both the 74th Hunger Games. He is 16 years old with fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes
Katniss Everdeen She is 16 years seem quiet, independent, and fierce. She has long dark hair. In her reaping she volunteered for her sister prim who was no older than me.
There were a few other tributes who's names I didn't catch. A few tributes stand out: Cato from District 2, a "fox-faced girl" form District 5, a crippled boy from District 10, and Katniss. Levi turns the TV off once they're all finished she tells us its late and we should head off to bed. I walk into my room and get under the blanket. I really hope I wake tomorrow back home in my bed next to Leah.