Chapter 3

A/N
The picture is of Vivacia Pristine

Rip
I felt a sharp pain run down the side of my leg as Mara  quickly pulled the waxing paper off my leg. I winced at the pain.
"Don't move so much, just let me fix your eyebrows and we're done"
I bit my lip trying to hold back a whimper as she pulled out the tweezers. As she plucked the little eyebrow hairs I dug my nails into the sides of the table shaped mattress I'm currently laying on.
"Now now little one, beauty is pain. But it's all worth it cause you look amazing" she squeals and directs me to a mirror. Whoa... I look... Different. My once dirty face is now scrubbed clean. My knotty hair is brushed out and soft and shiny. My hair body is now smooth. I look good. I hug Mara
"Thank you for making me pretty" I mumble. She smiles and tells me to wait here while she goes and gets my stylist. About 3 minutes later a women with golden brown skin, dark blue lips and eye shadow to match walks in. 
"Hello" she says with the usual capitol accent, "my names Vivacia Pristine and I will be your stylist for this years games. She sat next to me and ran her finger down my cheek.
"You have a very  beautiful complexion..." It seemed as though she blanked out for a bit.
"Hello?" I tried to get her attention. She shook her head
"Ah..  Yes... Where was I? Ah, let discuss outfits"

++++

After about an hour I learned a lot about Vivacia.  She's a true Capitol citizen, exuberant and bold, and she loves colors. Sometimes, she can act a bit shy, but really, Vivacia could be her own unique definition in a dictionary. However, she has a huge heart.
"Rue! Hurry you have 30 minutes to get ready!" Vivacia whined. Me and thresh were dressed up as farmers, so our costumes were full of plaid, puffs, and overalls. These outfits describe our district very well. We are both wearing silver headdresses meant to look like the grain seen on the symbol for our district. After I was dressed I made my way into a large room. In the center was a line of chariots. I made my way to the eleventh chariot seeing thresh in a similar outfit. I look at him and giggle.
"What's so funny?" He asks. I point to the top of his head.
"That crown" I laugh "its too small" I see a small smile form on his face.
"Hush up" he says
"Attention, the chariot rides will begin in 10 minutes, places everyone."
I step up on the chariot next to thresh. The chariots, one by one, begin to move.
District 1: luxury

 Glimmer and Marvel wore fuchsia-colored outfits that were belted out in sequins and feathers. The Feathers and glamorous accessories made a statement about their district. Glimmer wore a headdress that lay flat against the top of her head, like a cap, and had then fanned out, like the feathers on a peacock.

District 2 - Masonry

Clove and Cato were dressed as gods to represent their district. The gold color was shiny and sure to catch attention. Their headpieces were made of the same materials as the victor's crown/headband.

District 3 - Technology

The silver outfits sported by the male and female tributes represent the intricate inner working of electronic devices. The silver mesh material was very shiny, and might have been meant to represent metal electronics.

District 4 - Fishing

The male and female tributes lived up to the name of their district with long light-blue outfits and luminous pearls which represent pearls in the sea, and had starfish on the shoulders.

District 5 - Power

The male tribute and fox face wore costumes that reflected light and shone whenever the tributes turned around. The glittering, eye-catching silver represents the color of wires and other power-like items. Their costumes represented a solar panel.

District 6 - Transportation

Covered in sparkly gold sequins and spectacular moon headpieces, the male and female tributes sported far-out costumes. They were "flying to the moon." It also represents that it takes time to travel, and that some people used to use the moon for directions.

District 7 - Lumber

The male and female tributes costumes represented folded origami paper. Their headpieces were sculpted to look like a professionally made origami

District 8 - Textiles

These bright costumes worn by the male and female tributes, represented the different fabrics from their district. They were decked out in multiple patterns and bright blues and purples.

District 9 - Grain

The District 9 male and female tributes wore silver and gold costumes, which are hard to determine the meaning of, but the gold lines represented grain in fields.

District 10 - Livestock

The District 10 male and female tributes had costumes that were glitzed up in golden fringe, and meant to represent cowboys and cowgirls from their district

District 11- agriculture

Our chariot begins to move through the curtain and out into a crowd of capital people. Me and thresh wave to many people and I take off my crown and throw it into the crowd.
District 12 - Coal mining

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Milark wore a black suit with a cape that was able to set on fire on command (The fire was synthetic.) Their costume represented a piece of burning coal, the black jumpsuit being the coal and the flaming cape the fire. 

Once all the chariots have gone we form a circle around a stand. We wait awhile and soon president snow, the ruler of panem and creator of the games begins to speak.
"Hello everyone and thank you for tuning in, that was some show right?" He asks and the crowd goes wild. He calms them down a bit and begins again, but this time talking to us.
"What a good show, but the fun part hasn't even begun, just wait, training begins tomorrow." With that he dismisses us leaving me wondering what cruel things lie ahead of us tomorrow.