Sometimes, change is a good thing

CHAPTER 9: Sometimes, change is a good thing.

It's been two weeks since I kissed Axel, I've been avoiding him ever since.

I hate the way he makes me feel around him, Madeline loves him, I want to hate him, but I have no idea how I feel about him. I still feel pain every now and then, but Meredith said that mine and Axel's bond was strong enough for it to react to any act of cheating, whether he was sleeping with someone, or kissing them.

I was currently walking through the halls of the pack house, when I bumped into Kelsey.

"Hey" I whispered, she smiled,

"Hey"

"Kelsey, do you think there's anything wrong with me?"

"No, of course not"

"Then why does he not want me?" she sighed, before her face lit up.

"Let's give you a makeover!" she exclaimed, I looked at her a little worried about what was about to happen, before I could protest, she had dragged me out of the house.

.

.

.

.

.

So far I have been given a spray tan, which made my pale skin darker, my eyebrows had been plucked and waxed, which really hurt, and my dark hair had been ombre'd, making the ends off my hair a lighter brown.

"No way" I growled out, as Kelsey tried to get me to go into a piercing shop

"Yes way" she replied shoving me in.

"That hurt so badly!" I exclaimed as we walked out, she smiled,

"But they look really good" she said grinning, I glared at her, she had made me get both my nose and my belly button pierced, she said I needed to get a ring instead of a stud in my nose to prevent it falling out easily, I had fought against her, but she ended up winning, and to be honest, it didn't look that bad, it made me feel more badass and confident.

"Now, for a new wardrobe" she said, dragging me into clothing shop after clothing shop

"I really don't see what was wrong with my old wardrobe" I whispered. We had just gotten home and she had just finished stuffing my old clothes in plastic bags, and hanging my new ones up.

She rolled her eyes at me, "They were childish" she said, closing up the last bag, I sighed,

"I'm still technically a child" she glared at me, I bit my lip,

"Ok, time to get ready for dinner" she said, grinning, I bit my lip harder

"I'm not that hungry" she looked at me, and opened her mouth to argue, "We had a late lunch" I said, cutting her off, she sighed,

"Fine, but wear this tomorrow" she said, hanging up a crop top and a pair of ripped black skinning jeans on the back of my door, I opened my mouth to protest when she cut me off, "Clary, sometimes change is a good thing, this will help Axel regret rejecting you, I'll be by in the morning to help you get ready, its time you showed off your killer bod and looks" she said, winking at me, I blushed.

"Ok"

.

.

.

.

.

I dreaded getting up the next morning, I wasn't going to, till Kelsey ripped off my covers and poured water one me, causing me to yelp, I glared at her.

"Was that necessary?" she grinned.

"Yep!" she said happily, turning on my straightener she brought me yesterday, "Now get up lazy but" I sighed getting up, she pushed me down in the chair in front of my mirror and began to straighten my hair, before doing my makeup which made my brown eyes pop, she applied some dark coloured lipstick which made me look really good, before she pushed me to get dressed.

I stepped out of my bathroom in a high necked grey crop top and my ripped black skinny jeans, she handed me a pair of black ankle boots with laces, I quickly tied them up, before looking in the mirror, I looked completely different, the clothes showed off my figure and new belly button piercing, and made me feel really confident.

I walked down the stairs with Kelsey at my side with a new attitude, I felt different, I felt stronger, I guess changing helped me realise, I'm only sixteen and I need to act like it, and not a love sick puppy.

As I stepped outside, I felt the morning air hit me, along with the stares of pack members, I heard a low growl before Axel was in front of me,

"What the hell are you wearing, and what's with the piercings?" he growled out, Madeline whimpered inside my head, but I refused to back down, I glared at him.

"I decided to change, it's a new me, yolo right?" he growled

"Change!"

"No"

"Yes!"

"No" I said linking arms with Kelsey before walking away, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, Kelsey laughed,

"You did it!" she exclaimed, "You stood up to him!" I laughed,

"I did!" we both laughed as we got into Kayden's Ute.

Short I know but I needed to update, let me know what you think!!