Chapter 7

Confession #17:: Always keep kissing just kissing when in school.

There were only five periods in the day because each class was an hour and ten minutes long. I spent the last hour of school in the nurse’s office with a pack of ice. I told her I had stubbed my toe and I bit my lip so I wouldn’t yell and now it was swollen. She bought it. I walked to my locker with the ice at my lip, dropped off my books because there was no way I was doing homework tonight and then left to meet Nina at the parking lot. Except Nina wasn’t at her car when I reached it, Paris was. Great. He looked at me confused.

“What happened to your lip?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Like you don’t already know.” He smiled and then switched to an innocent face. It made me angry.

“Damn it, Paris. That’s not funny. I’m going out with Leo tonight.”

“That’s the reason I did it.”

“No, fuck that! You are not aloud to get your little mood swing today. Not over Leo.” He leaned off the car.

“Why? Why the hell not?”

“Because he’s my boyfriend.”

“Exactly he gets that title. And what the hell do I get?”

“That’s not fair.” I said.

“Why not?”

“Because I didn’t bite your head off when you spent the night at some slut’s house last night.” NOW I was mad and could not be held accountable for the words that came out. He looked just as pissed off as me and he was flexing his fist at his side. I can do that too!

“Damn. I thought I told you two to solve this by the end of school. And keep your voices down.” Nina said walking past me to the other side of the car.

“It’s unlocked.” She said as she slid into the driver seat. Neither of us moved. We just stood there and stared. She started the car and rolled down the windows.

“Paris are you getting in or what?” I walked pass him staring at him the whole time as i opened the passenger side door. I slid in a slammed the door. I stared straight ahead even though I could see Nina in my peripheral vision, burning a hole into my face with her stare. A second later, Paris open the back door and sat down. He slammed the door as well.

“Easy on my flippin car alright.” Nina reprimanded as she pulled out. The ride was quiet and tense. I wanted to reach behind me and punch him dead in the face. The hostility must have been too much for Nina because she turned on the radio loud enough that it drowned us out if we started arguing again. Which we didn’t. I had nothing to say to Paris. But my fist indeed wanted a full conversation with his face. We dropped off Paris at his house which was nicely  close to the mall. He didn’t say anything to either of us, he just hopped out the car and walked into his apartment. I wasn’t in the mood to shop anymore but I did need a new purse. Plus Nina was with me and she would make me feel better and maybe buy me something just to get me to smile. We walked in and out of stores for a while before I decided I felt like saying anything, besides commenting on the two cute dresses Nina decided to try on. I sat on the  couch in the dressing room while she changed.

“He’s getting jealous more frequently, Nina.”

“Well, I don’t think it was worse than you last month.”

“See that’s along the lines of what he said. But it’s not the same. He’s not involved.”

“Maybe that’s the problem.” What?

“Excuse me?”

“Maybe he should get a girlfriend so you can show him how it feels to be in the middle. He’s single so he doesn’t understand so therefore he thinks it is a game to be played and won.” As much as I wanted to be in control, it did seem like that would be a good idea, if I wasn’t so involved with Paris. Nina came out with a pretty red and yellow summer dress. She spun around looking at the mirror. The red played of the pretty dark red auburn of her hair really nicely.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” I said unemotional. Nina was quiet for a moment but then she shrugged.

“Probably not, but it would balance you two out. Which you clearly need because of this new arguing two times a day.” I thought about her words and almost immediately disposed of the idea. With my new jealous tendencies I was developing, I don’t think rubbing some chick in my face was such a great idea…for her.