Kate's boyfriend trouble

I have never been the loud, annoying girl who tries to show off and get the guys attention. My best friend is like this. She is always getting into trouble, never doing her work and she always gets the cute guys. If she and her boyfriend break up, she comes to me and cries her sorrows out saying how much she loved him, that there will never ever be someone like him. A week late she has another one. I pretend to care and listen but it’s getting old.

Today was that day. Kate had lost her boyfriend Jack and was in my room crying. “I loved him, Sam; he was so nice and sweet”. I want to tell her it was her fault. Jack was not the guy who stayed with one girl and everyone knew that. Somehow Kate never knew that. It must have slipped her mind when he asked her out or when they were kissing.

“I know you did” I comment and stroke her hair. I can only comfort her and make her happy but I know she will get over him. Like the other guys she has dated.

“Sam, why do I get lame guys?” You get them because you are a slut and you just go for any guy that asks you out. I wanted to say but I couldn't I'm a coward and I am her friend or I think I'm her friend

"I don't know, Kate, I just don't know" Kate has dated many guys. She has had one real relationship and that lasted over a year but she had told me something about Mark and her relationship. Let me explain.

It is first year of being in the academy and Kate is going out with Mark he is nice and well kind of the funny kind of guy. He use to date my friend Amy but they broke up. Kate and him are together now but he is not the boyfriend guy he loves Kate but is not that committed, any way Kate and him go out for a year till one day Kate tells me a secret.

"Sam can I trust you" Kate asks. We are at her house and are in her living room.

"Yeah you can I'm you best friend" I smile, I don't mind the boyfriends back then since I had never had one and I was happy for Kate. Also since Mark and her were dating Mark and me became great friends.

"I kind of maybe like some other guy" she tells me. I'm shocked and my mouth is open.

"WHAT!!" I almost scream and just am frozen "what about Mark? You love him, you have dated him for a year now" I am so shock I can not believe it .

"Calm Sam, I do like Mark but well I kind of kissed someone else and I think I love him" she is blushing and is keeping her head down.

"Who and what you kissed another guy while you are dating Mark" I sound pissed but really I'm just up set, Mark and Kate were perfect.

"Nathan down the road, we were talking and well we kissed and maybe, kind of pulled too" Nathan was Kate's best friend and neighbour.

"Ok, so are you going to dump Mark for Nathan?" I ask kind of shaking at what I was hearing.

"I don't know, I took Mark on holiday with me and I never once got to talk to him, he was always with my brother and well I had a black board in my room so I wrote in big writing I <3 Nathan" Kate's brother is younger and is a nice kid, he loves Xbox and Mark loves it too so I can see why them two would be very close "I rubbed it out before they came home but I don't know what to do Sam"

"Have you talked to Nathan" I so want to hit her and call her a cheater but I couldn't, she had me under her shadow.

"I have and he just wants to be friends but I don't want to be, Sam I think I love him" she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

3 months after that talk Kate dumps Mark but never goes out with Nathan. I know Mark did not love her after a while but I did not find this out for a while after. After that day Kate changed she started being meaner to all her friends, talking about them behind their back and just pushing them away. So far she has not done that to me.... yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys well I final started this and it is about my life well about me and one of my best friends complicated lives. All the names are changed including mine

Plz vote and coment  what should have Kate done and what should Sam have done in that situation and I will read your comments promise x