t h r e e

Ethan's POV

I opened my thick covers and jumped into my bed, pulling the warm sheets over my body. I squinted as I turned on my phone, it's brightness blinding me.

Instead of going to my social media, I went to YouTube, and watched a few of Grayson's videos.

I remembered the days when we hung out together. Those days seemed like years ago, but he only started to separate from me a few months ago, when he got famous.

I didn't get why we couldn't do videos together; we had used to when we were younger, and what he did in his videos now, seemed like something I would do too.

I scrolled down to the comments. They were all either: "He's so funny" or "He's so hot". I couldn't take it anymore, and went opened Spotify.

I went from the top of my playlist and blasting the music through my headphones till I fell asleep. I closed my eyes and my thoughts drifted away. Nothing mattered anymore.

***

A little light flashed next to me, and I forced my eyes to open slightly. I realised someone was calling me. I groaned loudly but was quite excited as I didn't get many calls.

I looked to see unknown as the contact, and frowned. Quickly taking it, I sat up slowly in my bed, wondering what time it was.

"Hello?" my voice was hoarse and deep, and I had to cough to clear it.

"Is this Ethan Dolan?" An unfamiliar voice spoke on the other end of the line.

"Yes," I said cautiously, "Who is this?"

"This is Alexa your classmate's dad?" he questioned, waiting for me to respond.

"A-Alexa?" I coughed again, startled.

"Yes. I'm sorry for calling so late - well early - but this is an emergency. I need your help!"

"Why me?" I asked, suspicious. What did Alexa's dad need from me?

"I just need you to help me - help Alexa. Would you be able to come over to my house?" he asked, but I could sense the doubt in his voice. I remember this guy. He was a chubby man with small glasses who gave Alexa everything.

"What?" I hissed into my phone, "Are you crazy? It's -" I checked the time on my phone," - 2:00am!"

"I know, I know," he continued, "But I really need your help." His tone was urgent and I actually considered going in my car.

Before I could stop myself, I got out of my bed, and cautiously creaked open my bedroom door, creeping through the landing and down the stairs.

"I'm on my way." I spoke finally, throwing on a coat and stepping into a random pair of shoes.

***

I got stuck behind the tall gates of the house, and had to get someone to open them for me. As I pulled around the circle and in front of the house, I saw Mr. Summers open the front door of the house and wait at the top of the steps.

Sighing, I slammed the door of my car shut, not bothering to lock it.

"Mr. Dolan," he started, "I'm so glad you made it-"