f o u r

Alexa's POV

The slap mark had disappeared by the next morning, but I was still hurt, mentally.

My dad had been fussing more than usual that morning, inspecting my cheek with his little fat fingers every few minutes.

"Just leave me alone!" I cried for the last time as I slapped his hand away, frustrated.

As I drank my strawberry smoothie, I checked my phone and wasn't surprised to see thousands of notifications from my fans. I spotted a few messages from Hunter, but was too distracted to check them.

What was I going to do? Pretend like it didn't happen? Give him the silent treatment?

If I ignored him, people would ask what had happened, and, as much as I love spreading gossip, it wouldn't be good to tell my friends as they would send the message all around the school within minutes.

I dropped the large, empty cup, which had held my smoothie, on the kitchen counter, waiting for one of my maids to take it and clean it.

Grabbing my phone, I made my way up the stairs again and into my room, then into my bathroom. I pulled my hair tightly into a high pony tail and applied a few more strokes of mascara on my eyelashes and lipgloss on my lips.

I stared at myself in the mirror for a while. I saw what I saw every morning; a brunette girl with blue eyes staring back at me. I snapped out of my small daydream and grabbed my handbag.

As I slipped down the stairs and out of my front door, I quickly scanned the screen of my phone, and a new message popped up from Hunter. I decided to find out what he was trying to say to me, but knew what it was going to be anyway.

Hunter💋: hey babe sorry about last night

Hunter💋: you know I didn't mean it babe

Hunter💋: see you at school babe I've got a surprise for you

I frowned at the screen and rolled my eyes as I slammed the door of my car shut. I started the car and quickly disappeared through the front gates, curious about Hunter's surprise.

***

I was greeted by my fans at the school gates, as usual, but when I entered my form class, all of my friends were waiting there. No one else was in the room, but most of them weren't even in my form.

"What are you guys doing here?" I laughed nervously and looked around the classroom for Hunter.

"We know what happened," spoke my best friend Lizzie sympathetically. I stared at her and squinted my eyes, starting to breathe harder.

"What?" I screamed at them. They all looked at me surprisingly, and I felt like it was my turn to slap Hunter.

"It's okay! We won't tell anyone!" I couldn't make out who had said that, because there were so many people.

"Are you stupid?" I yelled at the direction of the voice, "I bet half of the school knows already! Let me see, raise your hand if you've told someone who's not in this room right now?!" I was furious and I crossed my arms tightly across my chest.